need advice on december cruising

volfan22701

we are looking to book a cruise for next year in december to match work and school schedules for five or more people. the one we are looking at in particular is the Liberty 8 night eastern leaving fort lauderdale 12/8/07.

question is, is this a good time of year to do this cruise. also any info on the ports and this ship would help. we also have looked at a western, and not sure whether eastern or western would be best. our window for all to make this trip would be the first two weeks of the month. noticed the prices were lower in this time and wanted to make sure there was not any reason not to cruise then.

any information would be appreciated.

thanks

Early December is a wonderful time to cruise the Caribbean for a number of reasons. Most importantly, hurricane season is over! It is also the very slowest time of the year in terms of bookings for the cruise lines, hence they offer great rates to attract folks just like you to book. Also, because schools are in session, the presence of school aged children (including college) will be at a minimum. Having cruised this time of year a number of times, you can expect near perfect weather and the Liberty should be a great choice. Haven't sailed her yet, but we are booked on her in two weeks, and again in April of next year. I say go for it!

IM booked on the 9 day Christmas/ New Years cruise on the Miracle for Dec. 2007/2008. It leaves Dec 24, 2007. I think I will be cruising over New Years for the next few years. I don't like to drive around on that day too many nuts on the roads. I think a cruise will be safer, and the kids don't miss much school.

we are looking to book a cruise for next year in december to match work and school schedules for five or more people. the one we are looking at in particular is the Liberty 8 night eastern leaving fort lauderdale 12/8/07.

question is, is this a good time of year to do this cruise. also any info on the ports and this ship would help. we also have looked at a western, and not sure whether eastern or western would be best. our window for all to make this trip would be the first two weeks of the month. noticed the prices were lower in this time and wanted to make sure there was not any reason not to cruise then.

any information would be appreciated.

thanks

DW and I were on Destiny last Dec. (12/11 to 12/18) for our anniv. The weather was beautiful the whole week, there wern't many kids on board, and the ship was decorated for the holidays. I would definately cruise at that time of year again. The price was certainly right. Our waiter told us that the week before it rained almost every day, so I guess you never know.

As far as the ports, on St. Thomas we were supposed to go to St. John for a snorkeling exp., but it got cancelled due to low turnout. We went to Magen's Bay instead and had a wonderful time. I can't really help you on the other ports. Try the ports of call boards. They were a big help to us. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

Jerry

to all that have answered. since there are several of us going together and not many dates that worked out just wanted to make sure that was a good time. i am sure we will enjoy. i will check the ports of call boards for port info, but will still take any suggestions anyone has.

will get all together and book soon. as of now ages are from 28 yo up to 51 yo. no kids. there is a chance will be a 17 yo if his school is out at that time, but he likes hanging with us anyway, and would not have a problem with few other teens. thanks.

My cruise experience is limited, but so far, My wife & I have only cruised in December, and we can both highly recommend it! Nothing like leaving when it's cold and snowy, spending a week in warm weather, and coming back to tell all your freinds that didin't go all about it!:D

This is an 8-day itinerary, right? We haven't sailed on the Liberty, but took the Legend's 8-day eastern last November and the Spirit's 8-day western a few years ago. We usually sail in November or early December and are going this year on Dec 10. Generally good weather, few kids, relaxed crowd (not a lot of rowdiness).

We get all the holiday planning out of the way before we go, so we don't have a big rush of things to do when we return. We don't usually shop much on a cruise, so the fact that we have already bought holiday gifts before we leave means that we escape 8 or 9 days of crazy holiday advertising and wondering if we should get one more thing for Aunt Grouchy. This saves us a few dollars, which we then happily fritter away having fun on board the ship.

You really can't go wrong with the 8-day Eastern on the Liberty. It's a great ship and a great itinerary. The weather should be beautiful and the rates are great for those first two weeks in December. Even if it's "cool" in FLL when you board, it will be warm by the time you get up the next morning.

We had a great time doing a day sail trip in St. Thomas and you need to see the Baths on Virgin Gorda while in Tortola. Antigua has 365 beaches so it's pretty easy to find something to do/see there. You'll find lots of info and recommendations on the ports board. San Juan and Nassau both have some interesting sights as well.

The only bad thing about this trip will be that you have to wait a whole year to go! :D

Archived