Internet access fee on Crown

cruiser800

This started a few weeks ago on several ships including the Sun and Coral and should be completed on all ships in the next few weeks. Btw, that's a 42% increase, ouch...:eek: Princess has a new business accounting database that monitors these types of charges on a monthly basis and adjusts the current prices to match the major lines.

We're Platinum level so we have free access to the cafe terminals but any true bi-directional communication still needs to be accessed through the wireless access point which is limited to the Atrium and not free. As far as I'm concerned, the the higher rate is not justified as other lines have increased wireless coverage to include cabins and most public areas as well as hard wired access points. JMHO ;)

Next cruise is Platinum for us. My wife and I plan to use Internet Cafe for webmail access to our two business email accounts to reply to email (and cc our replies to ourselves so we have a copy). We will use the laptop only to download any necessary email attachments. We used to use the laptop to download all email but at the new rates (42% increase) we will restrict use of the laptop.

Next cruise is Platinum for us. My wife and I plan to use Internet Cafe for webmail access to our two business email accounts to reply to email (and cc our replies to ourselves so we have a copy). We will use the laptop only to download any necessary email attachments. We used to use the laptop to download all email but at the new rates (42% increase) we will restrict use of the laptop.

It is a shame they raised the price but the good thing is they only charge for time used. A package is not required like on the other cruise lines I have been on with wireless access. I did the same as you and used my free Platnium Internet cafe minutes for most stuff and the laptop for only a few things so my bill was about $35 for the wireless on a nine day cruise. I will be on Crown Princess agian in a few weeks on a seven day sailing so I expect to spend the same even with the higher rates because it is a shorter saiiing.

Archived