How do you sacrifice to Cruise Carnival as much you can.

joetrizeo

Hey all, cruises cost money. and unless you're a millionair, you probably have to save up money to go on a vacation. the more/faster you save up, the sooner you can cruise.

It could be as simple as buying generic brand foods or as elaborate as putting a little into a vacation fund every month.

All that stuff you listed, plus a lot more, is the way you get to be a millionaire- live well below your means and invest the rest- and you'll have enough money to take a cruise anytime. Don't worry if you BROKE friends laugh at you when you order water at the restaurant and drive an older car. Just smile politely at them when they ask "how can you afford it" when you are going on your third cruise of the year. I'd rather spend my money on a cruise than on fancy clothes or a "hey, look at me!" car, anyway.

I just found out I'm being laid off in a couple of weeks- my co-workers who are not being laid off were sympathetic, asked me "what are you going to do?" I told them that rather than look for a job, I'm looking to take a cruise (or three :). I'll start looking for a job next year, maybe, if I feel like it (or maybe not).

I like Carnival because it tends to be reasonably priced. However, I'm also looking at a Princess cruise out of Galveston.

Decisions, decisions...

We just borrow the money from friends............................

Say joetrizeo, ol' pal, couldya let me have about 25 hun........???

Dan

see my sig! cruise in 2 weeks = no money, cruise fund drained :) sorry fella.

thanks for the responses guys, they were really more diverse than i thought they would be!

and yes, voyagerfl's post was sataristic :)

I am assuming this post is a joke. Otherwise, this poster is REALLY selfish, has a poor sense of humor, and also has my sympathy.

We do all of the above (except we are funding college funds for our grandchildren, not child) and still cruise at least once a year, usually twice, and pay in full for the cruises. Cruising is part of our life and we are lucky that we do not have to sacrifice or go into debt to pay for it.

Not bragging at all..we just count our blessings....

Judy

Did I mention making friends with that confused elderly neighbor, helping them run errands....balancing their checkbook. :eek:

Book at the last minute. We met someone on our last cruise that paid $299 for an inside cabin the day before our cruise on the Valor.

Costa Cruise lines also has cheapee cheapee rates when they are in the Caribbean in the winter months. Booking at the last minute on a Costa cruise can save you lots of $$$.

Ahhhhhhh, A no money cruise....that's different !

"IF you drink" Take some Booze Onboard With you !

Listerine bottles and such sealed in double baggies...(I do mean sealed)

If you are a beer drinker you can get at least a couple 12 packs onboard inside extra luggage. (you can always borrow some extra luggage)

I've taken up to a case of bottled water onboard

Skip the excursions (you can still have fun if you plan) Don't be afraid to ask others what to do in the ports.

Hit the beaches.....walk the towns,

And Above All......Avoid Running Up The Plastic.....Or You'll Be Having No Money Cruises For The Next 10 Years.

Archived