First Time on Celebrity

Michuck

We just booked our first Celebrity Cruise on the Summit!! We've done about 20 cruises on Royal Caribbean. Can someone who has done both give some input on what differences we can expect? We've already looked at her online, and she is G O R G E O U S!! but we're wondering about other differences between cruislines (i.e., service, food, etc.). We are SOOOO excited!!

Thanks!!

Michele

I have never been on RCCL, but We just did Carnival, and we LOVE Celebrity. Get ready to be pampered! They treat you Royaly, you get 5 star service everywhere, and the food is outstanding. I felt like something was missing on Carnival. Celebrity is top of the line and I won't sail any one else!

What ship are you on?

Hi, just a comment on the physical layout of Summit verus the usual RCCL ship. The atrium area on Summit is only maybe 4 decks high, which is quite different from the usual RCCL ships which go much higher and are much more impressive. Other than that you will find Summit to be one beautiful ship, with perhaps some strange looking artwork in places (it's all in the eye of the beholder).

Bill

I have only been on one RCI cruise and it was on Radiance. Thought it was a beautiful ship with good service. Actually I liked the color scheme of the staterooms better on Radiance than any ship I have been on.

The atrium area on Radiance IMHO is pretty spectacular whereas the Summits atrium has an understated elegance.

Felt the service was about equal on both ships with a little edge to Celebrity and the food on Celebrity was better.

Archived