Alcohol onboard questions, comments, etc. (merged)

picnicpat

Of course they sell Bud light! As far as Cococay--it's just like being on the ship--food is included, alcohol and soft drinks cost the same as on the ship. This is a beach day at their private island--not a real port stop like Nassau.

I think domestic beer ran about $3.50 - $3.75--if I remember right!

Oh--and on Cococay, you can come and go at will--so if you don't want to stay all day, you can tender back to the ship. The food on the island is a bbq--ribs, hamburgers, hotdogs, fruits, potato salad, etc.... typical picnic fare!

New prices went into effect on Explorer 10/20 sailing and the bartender at the pool gave us a menu: I have it here if anyone wants other prices..These are beer prices with the 15% gratuity:

Coor's Light, Miller Lite, O'Doul's....$4.03

Bud & Bud Lite..16oz aluminum bottle...$4.89

Heineke, Amstel Light, Corona........$4.89

Guiness Pub Draught.......$5.69

Bass Ale.....$5.18

Fosters 25.4oz Oil Can.... $6.84

Draft....16 oz Domestic: $4.03

Imported: $4.89

Draft....20 oz Domestic: $4.60

Imported: $5.46

We were told that these are the new prices for all the Voyager Class ships.

New prices went into effect on Explorer 10/20 sailing and the bartender at the pool gave us a menu: I have it here if anyone wants other prices..These are beer prices with the 15% gratuity:

Coor's Light, Miller Lite, O'Doul's....$4.03

Bud & Bud Lite..16oz aluminum bottle...$4.89

Heineke, Amstel Light, Corona........$4.89

Guiness Pub Draught.......$5.69

Bass Ale.....$5.18

Fosters 25.4oz Oil Can.... $6.84

Draft....16 oz Domestic: $4.03

Imported: $4.89

Draft....20 oz Domestic: $4.60

Imported: $5.46

We were told that these are the new prices for all the Voyager Class ships.

do you know what other beer they serve that you didnt mention?

Does RCCL server Bud Light on their ships? That's my husbands favorite and what about the cost??? Also the cost once your in Port Cococay Nassau etc... Can you eat and drink there pretty cheaply?

Yes, to Bud Lite and he could also order a Bucket O Beer for $20.50 and you get 6 cans of Bud Lite. I believe that cost includes gratuity, so while not cheap, it is a better deal than ordering indivdually according to my husband. Of course I always have to hear how at home he could buy a case for that price..................:D

The beers I listed were the only beers in the menu although I did see some others on the ship...Red Stripe was one and some other dark ale types that I never heard of...sorry, I only drink Coor's Light!!!!

There are no more sale buckets of beer either...a bucket of 6 was still $24.18, although cash tips throughout the cruise provided a good amount of freebies!!!

Not cheap, I agree....A 30 pack here in NJ costs $17.99!!!

We will be on the Legend of the Seas the week before Christmas. We will be leaving Dec 16th.

I would like to have gift in my Farther in Law's room before he is there. I know Royal Caribbean has there own gifts you can buy. But I'm not found of any of Royal Caribeeans items.

It there a company in Tampa that I can call that offers a service of selling gifts that can be placed in the room?

I have the same question. Just looking in Fort Lauderdale instead of Tampa. Anyone out there have any info? Would like a better selection and perhaps better prices than RC offers.

Thanks for your help.

Calm seas!

Deb

As we found 2 cards stating that our TA bought us wine to be delivered 10/15. Didn't show til 10/20 after I phoned on the 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, and on the 19th I told the gal named Fatima that we didn't want it anymore & to credit us for the purchase or at least our TA since we didn't get it. We even took the cards on the 17th to the dining room to get the wine & they told us it was a Gift & Gear purchase to be delivered to our stateroom.

So on the 20th we took the 2 bottles down to the Purser's office since we do not drink a bottle of wine each night, so this delivery was far too late & unexceptable. So she gave us a $50 OBC & credited my TA for her purchase. Very fair, IMHO.

But the way stuff was going on the Member Cruise 10/15 with a 2 hour wait in line to board the ship, onboard booking was not available since their computers were down but they do not give $200 OBC for future cruise booked with TA. So my TA is getting it for me.

But we still had a great time and laugh at the little things going on with other folks.

I would like to do the same but for Miami departures. Does anyone know of any companies for the Miami area? Can anyone tell me if they have any experience in having a gift basket delivered with a bottle of Whiskey in it? We are not carrying booze on, and my husband likes to have a cocktail in the room while getting ready for dinner. Is it possible to have any alcohol delivered to our stateroom before we board? I know there is a wonderful woman in Cocoa Beach (Shirley) who does gift baskets that include beer and wine and possibly alcohol and delivers it to the ships at Port Canaveral. Was wondering about Miami....

Mrsfuzzmo

Can anyone tell me if they have any experience in having a gift basket delivered with a bottle of Whiskey in it?

Mrsfuzzmo

We had "just because for you" do a basket for us in Sept for the Alaska Vision of the Sea cruise. They put together a bottle of Crown and two bottles of wine in a nice basket and clear wrapped it. According to what she told me, the cruise line is willing to allow the baskets as long as the shop pays RCCL the fee. The prices were reasonable and it was delivered to the cabin about an hour after we sailed from Seattle. Check the website and the Cities/Ports are listed and a simple phone call or email will get you all the details.

It was worth the effort since having RCCL find it in luggage and then not give it back until debarkation would have taken away the pleasure of having a drink on the balcony without having to go to one of the bars. By the way, the cabin steward brought a wine bucket and extra ice when we went to dinner the first night. (without me asking!)

Anyway good luck on your quest and hapy sailing!

Is there a web site for the wellwishers?

Also, do you know the name of the Canaveral Company?

Sailing on the Mariner on the 18th of November.

Thanks.:)

The info for the place in Cocoa Beach (Port Canaveral) is called The Perfect Gift. Owners Shirley & Norm. They are very popular on the Disney Cruise (disboards). Her contact info:

Shirley R.

c/o The Perfect Gift

800-950-4559

email snelsonbrown@aol.com

Hope that helps! She has a wonderful reputation!

Mrsfuzzmo

somebody correct me if im wrong...but if Royal Caribbean is allowing companies to deliver alcohol onboard to passengers, then that makes it pretty obvious that their "no bringing onboard alcohol" policy is STRICTLY for financially benefiting themselves, not because of overdrinking and how much they care for their passengers. This is just how it seems to me, but maybe im wrong. In any event, this seems like a great way around the policy. However, this isnt a REAL policy if you can still get alcohol onboard. The new policy should read "Passengers are not allowed to bring alcohol into the port of Miami, they can however bring as much alcohol as they want onboard through friendly services in which we deal with. We dont care if passengers drink themselves to sleep, just as long we get our money from our friendly company, we are satisfied"

thats how it is to me.

also forgot to mention that i am very happy about this because on my freedom cruise 1/14/07 we wont have to smuggle alcohol onboard...2 of us will be 21 and over...the other 2 will be 20...so if we get some alcohol delivered to the room in such a way, my underage friends will be able to drink a little in the room without having to even try to buy from a bar...Thanks guys..this was a lifesaver!

also forgot to mention that i am very happy about this because on my freedom cruise 1/14/07 we wont have to smuggle alcohol onboard...2 of us will be 21 and over...the other 2 will be 20...so if we get some alcohol delivered to the room in such a way, my underage friends will be able to drink a little in the room without having to even try to buy from a bar...Thanks guys..this was a lifesaver!

Enjoy and have a great cruise! I recommend getting some coconut flavored rum and bringing some fruit juices on board with you. It was delicious. we got some guava and passion fruit juices and mixed with the rum.

Enjoy and have a great cruise! I recommend getting some coconut flavored rum and bringing some fruit juices on board with you. It was delicious. we got some guava and passion fruit juices and mixed with the rum.

good recommendation...how much notice should we give wellwishers for a december 24th cruise, then a jan 14th cruise? Do you send beer as well? This seems like a sure way to get around the underage drinking for my friends..no questions will be asked of them, since they wont be trying to buy, and we wont be trying to buy FOR them.

I think we gave them 4 or 6 weeks notice. You should order now. I will try to make a long story short.

Carnival used to allow this too. But they have since stopped letting them deliver anything but beer and wine. They sent a letter to wellwishers and told them not to take orders for hard liquor anymore. Those that had already placed orders, no matter how far in advance their cruise was, were still allowed to get their liquor. It was only for future orders. This is the story that wellwishers told me about carnival. Moral of the story....get your order in before RCI follows suit. It is only a matter of time.

We did not order beer as we are not big beer drinkers. But, wellwishers prices on beer are better than the cruise line. So if you like beer, I would order some from them.