Princess Liquor Policy Question

kodiac

It's amazing how water looks like vodka or rum and bourbon and scotch look a lot like ice tea. I buy a liter of water or ice tea at one of the ports and drink it on shore. Then I walk back on the ship with my bottle of "water or ice tea". Never had one taken away and stored until the last day of the cruise!

In my experience, in various carribbean ports of call -- like St. Martin

and St. Thomas, princess does try to prevent you from bring liquor

on board. They ask you to leave it with them, for delivery on the

last night.

I have never been to either, so I defer to your wisdom. :)

I am from the upper midwest. The prices for hard liquor onboard is expensive compared to what I can buy at home, so we never buy on ship to take home. The same goes for wine. If we buy a bottle of wine on board to consume it is generally 1.5 times the price at home...for example, I can buy a bottle of Korbel sparkling wine at home for $12-$13.

The last time I paid for it onboard was somewhere in the upper $20 range. Of course, the 15% gratuity is also tacked on.

I always buy wine in port. Often, I take it to dinner and accept the cork charge. Once in a while, they don't charge it. They have never limited us in how many bottles of wine we bring aboard. I tend to see them confiscate "hard" liquors at the elevators. i do see people who get through tho'.

Linda

It's amazing how water looks like vodka or rum and bourbon and scotch look a lot like ice tea. I buy a liter of water or ice tea at one of the ports and drink it on shore. Then I walk back on the ship with my bottle of "water or ice tea". Never had one taken away and stored until the last day of the cruise!

I have heard of "Beefeaters Water"..., haven't you...?

Thanks Gus.

BK

• 2 months later...

Archived