Diamond Princess - Thoughts?

bdjam

No, Concierge.

Dan Howell did e-mail me and provided information on what hotel accomodations they are using. If Condierge does not come through, I will contact Dan. I have been using the same Travel Agent for years and this is the forst time I am using a gay TA....and continue to use my regular TA for non gay trips.

I am hoping to meet up with others in Rome before the cruise to tour the city with. Traveling as a single sometimes has its short comings, when taking tours. Its more fun to share the experience.

In the mean time I am going to collect info on Rome, where to go, what to see and where to eat (there is at least one freindly gay place that might be fun to try).

If you will be on the Feb trip......we can compare plans for Rome.

Off to work

Ciao for now.

Sorry,Tom, but I won't be on the ,February, cruise. I was going to be on it but then I changed my mind after I saw the James Bond flick,Casinio Royale. The last half of the film was shot in ,Venice, and as soon as I saw San Marco Square I knew I had to see it in person.

I spoke to Dan Howell yesterday and he said that the hotel he was using was called the,Residenza Antica Roma.

I read the reviews about this hotel on tripadvisor.com and they are quite good. It's in a great location ,5 minutes from the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps. All the reviews mentioned how clean the place was but my problem is with it's decor.(some of the reviewers submitted pictures). I'm not a fashionista by any stretch of the imagination but the rooms looked tacky,tacky tacky.

I agree with the comment on the rooms....but considering the sites in Rome.....the only time I want to spend in the room is to S---, shower and shave...oh and sleep.

I will ask Concierge what they are going to do...if they don't do a precruise hotel package, I will go with Dan. The grab a bunch of guys and head out all over Rome....I want to see everything!!!!

As for Venice...it is the main reason for this trip. I want to see alll of Venice...walk everywhere, see evrything and have a Bellini at the famous Harry's bar. The fact that se spend the night means being able to see so much, and see the sights at night when everything is lit up!!!!!!!

I intend to get alot of tour information concerning Venice before the trip....so little time is wasted upon disembarkation. So leave the high heels on board and slip on the walking shoes.....Venice here we come.

Bond flick...I am going back to see it a second time.....not sure which is sexier...the two toned bathing suit or the Astin Martin sports car....I'll take the car thank you....when it was wrecked I almost cried.

Yes, its a car thing......sigh

Hey Tom, you can keep the swim trunks and the car as for me the scene where he was tied naked to a chair did it for me. (YIKES!!!!!)

I found several websites with other pictures of the hotel. and it looks totally

different in those photos, so I might book it after all. I think it would be cool to hang out at the Trevi fountain at night.

Venice,is not the reason I'm going on this trip. I wanted to tour ,Rome, and was considering going with,Perillo Tours, but then I thought that would be no good because then I'd be alone with a group of straight people who may not be too happy about having a out of the closet gay in their mist. Being on a ship of 1800 + gays and lesbians works better for me. Besides, at night is when the fun really starts. On tours,from what I understand, at night your on your own.

Archived