cabin refrigerators

TheHappyWanderer

Yes the Verandah Suites all have refrigerators in them and also a bath tub which is lovely. It is a little small but lovely to take a bath when you do not have to clean it. enjoy your cruise.The refirgerator is at the end of the sofa by the window.

Just got off aft cabin on Oosterdam and indeed there was a stocked mini-refrigerator (charge for usage).

When I had called ships services to see just "how big was the refrigerator?" I was told "it will hold a candy bar and a miniature bottle of liquor!!!!!" Very funny, since it was fully stocked.

If you wish to put your own food/drinks in the refrigerator, the protocol is to immediately remove it, and store it in the "footstool"--which has a removable top and serves as the dressing table chair.

The last night of the cruise, the steward returns it to its proper position and takes inventory to charge your cabin for used food/drink.

Hope this helps!

rocosd: Thanks so much for the refrigerator information. I always bring my own caffeine free diet coke and water.

I usually ask the steward to remove the "goodies" so I can stock the frig.

On Princess, the frig's are empty. On Celebrity they're full. Good to know about HAL. We'll be doing her on April 14, 2007.

We'll be doing NCL on November 14th; I don't know if they're stocked or empty....we'll see!

Then again, who cares.....just get me on a cruise ship.....

• 1 month later...

Hello, so if I understand correctly the Oosterdam will have refrigerators in all inside cabins. We just booked 3 GUAR cabins and a suite.

We really need a fridge in all the the cabins to keep everyone happy:D

Thanks for the information!

Teri

Hello, so if I understand correctly the Oosterdam will have refrigerators in all inside cabins. We just booked 3 GUAR cabins and a suite.

Thanks for the information!

Teri

Just off Noordam. They are stocked mini bars which you can ask to have emptied by the beverage staff.

The last night of the cruise, the steward returns it to its proper position and takes inventory to charge your cabin for used food/drink.

I sailed in a Veranda Suite on my last cruise ... and we had a small refrigerator as well as a stocked mini bar. The steward checked it pretty much each day and replinished stuff as we used it. Of course, you are charged for what you use.

Be careful with these bills that will be left for you when they do the restocking. We had our bar boy charge us for two beers. Neither myself nor my cabin mate are beer drinkers and we didn't touch any of the cans of beer stocked in that fridge. Fortunately, we were in the cabin when he came by and saw what we were being charged for. We were quickly able to correct him. If the beers in that fridge were shorted, then they were consumed on the last cruise and never replaced. But we certainly weren't paying for them. The bar boy immediately corrected the bill and we were not charged for them. So, carefully examine your bills. There could be errors.

Blue skies ...

--rita

That must be a Vista perk then, cause I sailed on the Amsterdam last January in an inside cabin and there was no mini-fridge provided. I've heard you can arrange in advance to have one delivered, and you pay a daily rental for it, but the inside cabins on the Amsterdam (I had several friends staying in insides too) are not normally supplied with one. What we did have was a silver tray on the desk ... with an ice bucket ... and three cans of soda along with a bottle of water. The bar steward would keep these replenished on a daily basis as you consumed them.

Blue skies ...

--rita

• 3 weeks later...
rocosd: Thanks so much for the refrigerator information. I always bring my own caffeine free diet coke and water.

I usually ask the steward to remove the "goodies" so I can stock the frig.

On Princess, the frig's are empty. On Celebrity they're full. Good to know about HAL. We'll be doing her on April 14, 2007.

We'll be doing NCL on November 14th; I don't know if they're stocked or empty....we'll see!

Then again, who cares.....just get me on a cruise ship.....

I'm not yelling at you but -

The Category you are in and the ship you are on makes a difference!

To get an answer you have to be specific !- HAL has many ships!!! :D

OMG....How sad is this!!....I've asked this question before and totally forgot that I got the answer I needed!!!

I need to cruise more than I thought.....it helps me to clear the cobwebs!

We did the NCL cruise and I can't say that I "hated" it....but, NCL is not my favorite way to cruise....

The staff and passengers were wonderful....We're not crazy about "freestyle!" We didn't like the long wait in lines that went around the corner; the narrow hallways with people literally eating in the walkways (at the pub); you were forced to walk right through them or go to the other side of the ship! And, way too crowded (practically, everywhere!)

Thanks, Willia.....you've helped and I don't feel scolded, at all!

We'll be doing the Oosterdam, in April, 2007. And, we have a room with a view! :p

Archived