Waffles that everyone raves about

mrstay

Yes, the Mercury to Alaska has the wonderful waffles with all the great trimmings. I believe they were served outside at the aft area (where the hamburgers & hot dogs are served at lunch time.) One of my favorites!

Tammy,

The waffle station is located at what the Mercury deck plan calls the Palm Springs Grill. It's near the aft elevators and the Palm Springs Pool on the Resort Deck. At lunch time, the Palm Springs Grill is where the pizza, pasta and freshly made Cesar salad stations are located.

Tammy,

I forgot to mention that there are various fruit toppings for the waffles. BTW, hot dogs and hamburgers are made at a different grill which is located outside, next to the main pool on the Resort Deck.

Not sure where exactly on the Mercury, but on the Constellation we found them near the back of the ship. We had them a couple of times. They were good, but, honestly, no better than any other fresh hot waffles I've had. But they were good. Be careful: dh asked for blueberries on his, and he got something else that wasn't blueberries. It was a mixture of some fruit. I went for him and saw the blueberries, and got them, but when I got away from the food bar, the blueberries changed color, yes, and became something else. There was something about the blueberries on Connie!! They were possessed! I think they put blue lights over the berries so we think they are blueberries...

Another hint: get the real butter for your waffles. I am not quite sure if the melted butter is real butter or not.

Enjoy your waffles. I wish I was going to be eating some soon...

Shay

Last trip on Summit to AK the waffle (and pancake) station had warm or room-temp strawberries and same choice for blueberies (blues were in a syrup like pie-filling, not loose). I think if you check cereal bar they may have loose blues or ask maitre'd on duty for them and he'll send after them for you. Whipped cream available to add. Have a good time.

My waffles are coming up in 5 days. With melted butter and syrup.

I CAN;T WAIT. Only one problem, first CC class cabin and you cannot get waffles brought to the room. What to do, what to do.

Its only a short elevator ride and you could bringthem back to the room. Maybe if you are real nice to your steward, he/she will get them for you?? YUM!!!!

Its only a short elevator ride and you could bringthem back to the room. Maybe if you are real nice to your steward, he/she will get them for you?? YUM!!!!

I'm going to give that a try. Nothing to lose. I can;t stand it I am supposed to be working and I am on these boards in anticipation of my upcoming cruise.

MY favorite topic!!!!

Waffles from the Palm Court on the Mercury!!!!!

Out of this world!!!

...as is the frenchtoast, sticky buns, omelette station... needless to say breakfast was my true passion, and my main source of weight gain on our last cruise....

Just got of Infinity on Sunday. Had waffles for 14 days. Make sure you put the whipped cream on top. Had Strawberries for one of the toppings. Well worth it. Don't take the ones cooked and in the warming tray. Well worth waiting for ones being made in iron. Enjoy

Yes Ballwin Babe....there are waffles on the Galaxy too. They are located in the solarium, where the pizza and pasta is served at lunch. I had them for breakfast quite frequently this past summer and they were yummy. Even without the strawberries and whipped cream. I am more of a purist...just some warm maple syrup.

Enjoy!:)

Archived