Hong Kong to Athens

pmcgsan

I am considering the Hong Kong to Athens cruise April 2008. I know that this is a new cruise for Oceania. Can anyone explain to me why there are 5 sea days after the port of Salalah, Oman? One day cruising the Gulf of Aden then 4 days cruising the Red Sea. It seems like a waste of time especially when the ship only has one day (2:00 AM-6:PM) in Cairo.

We're doing the Istanbul/Singapore trip later this month on Nautica. Looking at the map, there are not that many ports of interest between Oman (Muscat) and Cairo. I believe that Yemen (Aden) is a "not friendly to the West" country, and has been that way since the Brits pulled out (forced out!) years ago.

I'm looking forward to the sea days - pure relaxation.

Hi, I was wrong about the sea days, there are 4, one cruising the gulf of aden and 3 cruising the red sea. My point really was why not shorten the sea days to spend more time in cairo. There are 16 days at sea on this cruise. We love sea days also so there is plenty of time to relax. We have decided to wait to sign up for the 2008 so we may hear from travelers who take this cruise in 2007.

I did the same cruise earlier this year, it didnt drag and we were mooving along all the time, you will stop in safaga not much there unless you head for luxor also aquba, where you must go to Petra! it will be one of the highlights of your trip.

regards

JimGib

Archived