Bermuda in November

cds2423

Hello to all my fellow CC'ers, i'm contemplating booking a cruise for next Nov sailing from NJ to Bermuda & would appreciate any feedback from you all as to what kind of weather conditions we might run into. I realize that the seas will not be as calm as earlier in the year but would this sailing be a bad place to introduce "virgin" cruisers to, I don't want to scare them away from cruising! Thanks for any opinions.

This is for the Bermuda weather service which will give you historical data for the last year and what is currently happening.

http://www.weather.bm

Also remember that the weather here in NY is pretty cool now, this morning in Long Island it was 35, so your first day or so at sea is going to be pretty cool. If possible I would try for late September or October to get the best weather.

Sue

We're from Montreal so the cool first day wouldn't be a big deal, i'm more concerned about being tossed around like a ping pong ball, one of the group would only be 3-1/2 y.o. I think i'll keep shopping around, i'm trying to find a good deal wherein the airfare from Montreal to Ft.L or Miami isn't an issue and right now the Explorer is it. Oh well, c'est la vie! (That's life)

:rolleyes:

I appreicate the info. We're from Montreal so the cool first day wouldn't be a problem, i just don't want to be tossed around like a ping pong ball, one of the crusiers will only be 3-1/2 y.o. Think i'll keep shopping around, i'm trying to avoid paying air for 5 to either FLL or MIA and right now the

Explorer is the only option that we can drive to. Oh well c'est la vie

(That's life):rolleyes:

CDS,

Are you limited to sailing in Nov? I did the 5 day to Bermuda 9/17 and it was a wonderful ship and cruise. You really shouldn't have any problems. We hit 20 foot seas on the way back as we were sailing in between hurricanes Gordon and Helene and we really didn't feel anything . The ship is huge so it handles rougher weather better.

If you want to see my pictures from my cruise check out the link in my signature.

Sue

Thanks Sue, i'm limited in as much as i'm going to be paying for 5 people and there's a really good deal Nov 4 for a 7 day. I've sailed on the EXplorer before so i know how big she is, pretty big for sure. I'm really hedging now, i'm already booked for Feb 2008 on a 12 day southern itinerary for just my DH and myself but i'm thinking for just a little more I can drive and take DD, SIL & GD and drive, which is definetly not something i'll even think about doing in Feb with just the 2 of us, its just a thought right now that i've only been thinking about. Any input appreciated.

We have been to Bermuda twice in November. The first was a land vacation about 6 or 7 years ago over the Veterans' Day weekend. I recall going out on a sailboat and being by the pool and on the beach (don't think we went in the water) and the weather was warm and pleasant.

Last year we went on a cruise from Cape Liberty the first week of November. First day in Bermuda was lovely - we were able to go in the water. Second day was rainy and windy. In fact, the winds were so strong that we were not able to leave in the mid afternoon as scheduled and had to wait until early the next morning which meant we had two seas day on the way home, arriving in NYC in the late afternoon rather than early morning. It caused the next cruise to leave later than scheduled. Also the water was a little rough on the way home due to winds and the captain going at a faster than normal speed to make up time. The pools on the ship looked like wave pools on the way home!

I would not hesitate to go to Bermuda in November again. As with any vacation, the weather is a gamble.

We left New Jerey on October 29 and returned on November 3, 2006. The Bermuda weather was PERFECT, about 77-79 degrees. Great for walking around and going into the water. The first couple of dozen hours leaving New Jersey and a couple of dozen hours before hitting New Jersey on the return are chilly. 36 hours of Northeast weather and the rest are gulf stream. Enjoy.

We were on the Jewel from Boston to Bermuda October 26 - 31. It was Cold and a bit windy in Bermuda. The ride was semi-round going down there and brutal coming back. However, this time last year is was reportedly smooth as glass. Guess like everything else it will depend :)

###

Hello to all my fellow CC'ers, i'm contemplating booking a cruise for next Nov sailing from NJ to Bermuda & would appreciate any feedback from you all as to what kind of weather conditions we might run into. I realize that the seas will not be as calm as earlier in the year but would this sailing be a bad place to introduce "virgin" cruisers to, I don't want to scare them away from cruising! Thanks for any opinions.

I was also on the 10/29 cruise from Bayonne NJ to Bermuda. First night 26ft seas and 65 mph winds but calmed down by following afternoon and that big ship was rocking. We loved it but I do know several people were sick so just bring Bonine in case and chew one before you board and if captain tells you are in for rough seas chew another and you'll be fine! I never felt like we were in any danger and we were not worried at all. We loved the cruise and Bermuda was beautiful and in the 80's and we did have perfect weather but the water is cold to swim in. It will be most likely cold and possibly windy when you leave from Bayonne like it was for us but you culd get lucky and hit a warm day also. It was very windy at pier and on outside decks but we never felt it on our balcony on deck 10. However the pool deck was wild and that wind sounded like a freight train. But by late the next night you could start to feel the weather get much warmer. We are going again next 10/26 but on 9 night instead of the 5 night. Just wear a heavy sweater and sweats and a winter jacket to wear on and off ship at that time of year and a pair of gloves is good to bring also if you choose to wait on deck to disembark when you come home. It does cool off at night a bit in Bermuda and I wore a sweater at night. The highlight of our cruise was the dolphin Encounter in Bermuda and we will be doing it again in June. We also found walking around the dockyard was very nice and alot to see and do within walking distance of ship. You'll enjoy your cruise! :)

Archived