18 and 19 year olds

Dawgncal

Wow, this is wonderful. I asked a scuba question for my fiirst post and received great input. So I thought I would try a new question. We will be bringing our daughter and her friend on our Western Caribbean cruise. They are too old for the teenage group which made me wonder if there are any organized activities for that age group. Many thanks for your kind and thoughtful responses.

We will be on the Star the week of Thanksgiving.

My boys aren't that old (13 and 15) but I'll try and see what's available for 19s and try to remember and report when we get back, if you haven't already heard by then.

There are no specific age related activities such as the kids program, but there are lots of activities that might interest them, such as the singles mingles and pool side activities. They will have plenty of opportunity to meet others of their own age group.

I think I read another poster that said when she travels with her teenage boys, the over 18 one just seems to "find" people his age...they tend to congregate by the pools. I'm sure yours will meet others in the 18-22 group quickly if they do the same.

I took my first cruise at 17 /18... I remember meeting up with some of the younger folk on the ship and just doing my own thing. I would not have wanted to do anything "planned" that would just have been to young for me. :rolleyes:

Just set some ground rules for them (if you feel you need to) and I'm sure they will be fine. They will proabably meet up with others close to their own age.

i went on a cruise last year and i was 19 then. they didnt have groups for this age but the dancing places at night was where i found most people my age. also, everyone chills around the pool most of the day.

We were on the Crown last summer and there were several scheduled activities for passengers 18-21, they seemed to be designed to help them get acquainted. One was a hot tub party, another was a special movie night --- I can't remember what else off hand. I think this does vary from ship to ship, since the CD has some discretion over the program of activities. Also, they will be allowed into Skywalkers for evening fun.

On the Star last year for the New Year's cruise. My then 18 year old had no trouble meeting up with his age group and there were a lot of them. They would "hang out at the pool" and would meet after dinner for dancing, listening to music. He had a great time and a few of them have kept in touch via email since. It was a great international group!!

Archived