Mac and cheese, yogurt, soup

Nata

In the dining room, there is no mac and cheese. What your waiter will do is bring a plain bowl of whatever pasta shape is on the menu that night, and you can add butter and parmesan at the table.

There is also chicken nuggets, pizza, cheeseburger, peanut butter and jelly, etc. on the children's menu. At dinner, on the adult menu, there is one hot soup and one cold soup.

Yogurt is readily available at the buffet (at least during the day). I always grab a couple to keep in the refrigerator for snacking. Fresh fruit and little individual serving boxes of cereal are also available in the buffet (cereal only at breakfast). The cereal makes great snacks to take along on shore excursions (you can take them off the ship, but not fresh fruit).

Bottled water is available for sale. I would suggest bringing your own on board. Milk is always available. If you don't see it on the buffet at lunch, just ask.

The only thing I find lacking for my kids is vegetables. While they're available, they don't always take the form they are used to (shredded fresh carrots rather than whole baby ones, etc.) So, I try to bring a couple of bags of baby carrots along.

HTH, and have a GREAT cruise!

In the dining room, there is no mac and cheese. What your waiter will do is bring a plain bowl of whatever pasta shape is on the menu that night, and you can add butter and parmesan at the table.

Really???? No mac-n-cheese on Carnival. That is actually a surprise. :eek: Usually at least one of my kids orders that every other night while on cruises.

I got an email today about some really cheap Carnival Cruises so while I was looking at the ship's info I saw this on the Carnival web site...

"Children also get their very own menus, featuring all their favorite foods. Hot dogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, macaroni & cheese and spaghetti & meatballs are all available on a Carnival cruise, so even our pint-size guests can feel pampered on their "Fun Ship" family vacation."

Hope this help!

I cruise every year with little ones (now aged 4, 5, and 6). They can be very finicky about their preferences when it comes to macaroni and cheese. They rejected the mac and cheese on RCI and Celebrity because it "tasted funny." The problem? The ship used real cheese!

I have gotten into the habit of buying boxes of their favorite brand (Velveeta shells). These come with the cheese sauce in a foil packet. I throw away the box and the shells and take just the packets with me. On the ship, I order plain boiled pasta, squeeze out the cheese sauce, stir it up, and have three happy kids.

[i should have expected something like this from them given their genetic broodstock. When my wife and I were dating, I prepared a lasagna for her which included six types of cheese and a sauce that I had slaved over all day (peeling and seeding Roma tomatoes, mincing and sauteeing fresh garlic, basil, onions, simmering and seasoning) only to have her wince at the very first bite. Her complaint? The sauce didn't taste like Ragu!]

Sorry to say they didn't have mac & cheese on our 10/23 cruise on the Carnival Elation. DS (4) ate plain pasta with butter & parm cheese one night. I read him the adult menu every night to see if something might strike his fancy. He did try the shrimp cocktail, the strawberry soup and the won ton soup.

On the children's menu they offer a fresh fruit cocktail. He & DD (9) ate this almost every night. It had thin slices of pineapple, watermelon, kiwi, mango, nectarine and strawberry. I even tried it - really good.

Sorry to say they didn't have mac & cheese on our 10/23 cruise on the Carnival Elation. DS (4) ate plain pasta with butter & parm cheese one night. I read him the adult menu every night to see if something might strike his fancy. He did try the shrimp cocktail, the strawberry soup and the won ton soup.

On the children's menu they offer a fresh fruit cocktail. He & DD (9) ate this almost every night. It had thin slices of pineapple, watermelon, kiwi, mango, nectarine and strawberry. I even tried it - really good.

Not good. :( I just read the children's menu to my 6 year old who thought it was great. Oh well, I'm sure we'll find something they'll eat.

• 2 weeks later...

Guess we were lucky because we were on the Carnival Conquest 3 weeks ago and my DD 9 had mac and cheese one night in the dining room. Plus she had hot dog one night, hamburger another, and tried many different appetizers, soups, entrees, and desserts off the adult menu.

Our wonderful wait staff went out of their way to encourage her to try "different" things, then they would follow up by bringing her more "traditional kids foods" if she didn't appear to love what they had served her (such as the lobster and a few other choices). She felt quite pampered! Plus the fun "show" they put on was enjoyed by all the kids, plus many adults, too, most nights in the dining room.

Archived