40 Days 40 Free Cruises from NCL

shoreguy

I wonder if they would let me trade it for Hawaii? My wife is here from The Philippines and can't leave the country until she gets her green card. That takes about 6 months.

No prize substitutions except as provided herein. Prizes are non-transferable. No cash alternatives.

http://www.happybirthdayncl.com/contest_termsandconditions.cfm

We all know about putting our names on raffle tickets that are then placed into a barrel...and then someone pulls out the name.

But how is this done in the cyber world? I'm familiar with random number generators in slot machines...is it something like that? How is the winner's name spewed out? Any ideas out there?

Just wondering,

W A W W :confused:

We all know about putting our names on raffle tickets that are then placed into a barrel...and then someone pulls out the name.

But how is this done in the cyber world? I'm familiar with random number generators in slot machines...is it something like that? How is the winner's name spewed out? Any ideas out there?

Just wondering,

W A W W :confused:

The company I work for has done Internet contests simliar to this. When it's time to pull the winner, the email addresses are numbered and then a random number generator program selects the number. Voila the winner. They probably do something similar to that.

I wonder if there's a special time of day to enter. Any idea from winners what time they enter or what time they are contacted???

I entered between 4am and 6am every morning. I got the call to let me know that I'd won at shortly after 8am mountain standard time.

My daughter entered each day between 7:30 and 8:00 Am eastern time. She doesn't know what time they called her. A message was left on her answering machine. She is planning on calling them tomorrow. Can't wait to hear abour the call. I'll inform you all tomorrow as to the content of this call.

engineer

I entered between 4am and 6am every morning. I got the call to let me know that I'd won at shortly after 8am mountain standard time.

Ok, 4 am- 6 am Mountain time is 6 am - 8 a.m. Eastern Time. Engineers Daughter entered between 7:30-8:00 a.m. Eastern Time. I can tell you that has nothing to do with winning...I enter every day between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m. and I haven't won....lol:D :D

Also, if you got the call at 8:00 a.m. Mountain time, that would be 10:00 a.m. Eastern time (where NCL's HQ is located) which would be about right for a working company to make these calls.

I enter every morning at about 5:30am eastern time and I haven't won yet. Nope, not today either....

Janis Serrano, another female....

Here is the list of names announced daily:

November 8, Thomas Mollick (M)

November 9, Roxanne Wasson (F)

November 10, Caroline Conneely (F)

November 11, Stephen Tenyak (M)

November 12, Judy Lemrick (F)

November 13, Suzanne Chesney (F)

November 14, Brittany Ogle (F)

November 15, Mary Gerke (F)

November 16, Danny Haynes (M)

November 17, Shannon Verwey (F)

November 18, Gary Walker (M)

November 19, Carole Ann Bowers (F)

November 20, Cindy Schwemin (F)

November 21, Dawn Uncapher (F)

November 22, Stephanie McCormack (F)

November 23, Kathryn Portal (F)

November 24, Laura Poncik (F)

November 25, Patti Wong (F)

November 26, Keith Brown (M)

November 27, Janis Serrano (F)

So what other female names haven't they picked yet?

Let's see... Michelle....Cathy....Betty....Sally....Debbie....Rochelle....Helane....

Helen....Marcel....Maryann....Christine....Maria....Marilyn....Lilllian...Anna

One of them will probably be chosen tomorrow.

Let's see... Michelle....Cathy....Betty....Sally....Debbie....Rochelle....Helane....

Congratulations to all the winners so far....male or female. :D

We're only half way there folks, don't get discouraged!!!! :)

I'm hoping for Betty. That's my wife's name and she MIGHT even take me! ;)

The company I work for has done Internet contests simliar to this. When it's time to pull the winner, the email addresses are numbered and then a random number generator program selects the number. Voila the winner. They probably do something similar to that.

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if they would choose a time or what to base it on. I've even entered at 1 minute past 12AM hoping for some luck. Oh, well, maybe today!:p

Here is the list of names announced daily:

November 8, Thomas Mollick (M)

November 9, Roxanne Wasson (F)

November 10, Caroline Conneely (F)

November 11, Stephen Tenyak (M)

November 12, Judy Lemrick (F)

November 13, Suzanne Chesney (F)

November 14, Brittany Ogle (F)

November 15, Mary Gerke (F)

November 16, Danny Haynes (M)

November 17, Shannon Verwey (F)

November 18, Gary Walker (M)

November 19, Carole Ann Bowers (F)

November 20, Cindy Schwemin (F)

November 21, Dawn Uncapher (F)

November 22, Stephanie McCormack (F)

November 23, Kathryn Portal (F)

November 24, Laura Poncik (F)

November 25, Patti Wong (F)

November 26, Keith Brown (M)

November 27, Janis Serrano (F)

It's another female...Suzan Cumberland...Oh great...they're starting to repeat first names now...although spelled a little differently from the November 13 winner

I saw your original post and when I remembered to enter I did. I see by your list I won on 11/25. I just got the call today (11/28). Patti Wong (Dave - funny joke never heard that before.). By the way I am German/Irish/Swedish (very blond) my husband is Chinese. People don't expect me to answer to that name. Anyway same deal. got a call today for my address. called back and they are sending out my packet. We just booked the Spirit out of NYC for April 7th. We have sailed on the Dawn and RCL Grandeur of the Seas. Gonna be tough getting more time off. I never win, but let me see how quickly I can turn something around. They really don't give you much time. The way I see it there are 5 sailings that might apply. Will wait for my packet and see what is involved. My husband said it is definitely going to cost us more money than it is worth. I keep an open mind. Maybe I will take one of my children and leave him home.

Good Luck to everyone else. If I can win anyone can.

Thanks Shoreguy for your post. You also helped me with WiFi on the Spirit question. I am in East Hanover NJ. As I recall you are from Chester. Practically neighbors.

I will let you know when I get my packet

Patti

That's so wonderful! Congratulations to you! Thanks for the great update. Nice to 'know' one of the winners! Hope you have a great time. I bet you are pretty darn excited. I would be. You are right about not having much time to plan for the trip. I'm sure not everyone could make arrangements that fast. Good job! Let us know how you enjoy the cruise!

I saw your original post and when I remembered to enter I did. I see by your list I won on 11/25. I just got the call today (11/28). Patti Wong (Dave - funny joke never heard that before.). By the way I am German/Irish/Swedish (very blond) my husband is Chinese. People don't expect me to answer to that name. Anyway same deal. got a call today for my address. called back and they are sending out my packet. We just booked the Spirit out of NYC for April 7th. We have sailed on the Dawn and RCL Grandeur of the Seas. Gonna be tough getting more time off. I never win, but let me see how quickly I can turn something around. They really don't give you much time. The way I see it there are 5 sailings that might apply. Will wait for my packet and see what is involved. My husband said it is definitely going to cost us more money than it is worth. I keep an open mind. Maybe I will take one of my children and leave him home.

Good Luck to everyone else. If I can win anyone can.

Thanks Shoreguy for your post. You also helped me with WiFi on the Spirit question. I am in East Hanover NJ. As I recall you are from Chester. Practically neighbors.

I will let you know when I get my packet

Patti

Congratulations!

I would be interested to see how many of the 40 winners do end up going and using the free cruise considering that the time constraint of 3/31/07.

Hurrah...

Thanks to all of you for your imput.(name and phone number) I finally got to speak to someone today and gave them my info for the free cruise package . Apparently someone thought that someone else had made the call and no one had. Alls well now and that's what counts. Found out that the info packages are sent out on Fridays and the rooms for the promo are gty obstructed. Also found out that there is room when we are interested....so all is looking great! There are times when being tenacious works. :)

Carole-Anne

Hurrah...

Thanks to all of you for your imput.(name and phone number) I finally got to speak to someone today and gave them my info for the free cruise package . Apparently someone thought that someone else had made the call and no one had. Alls well now and that's what counts. Found out that the info packages are sent out on Fridays and the rooms for the promo are gty obstructed. Also found out that there is room when we are interested....so all is looking great! There are times when being tenacious works. :)

Carole-Anne

I've looked for a glossary of cruise terms but couldn't find one. What does

gty obstructed mean? Sorry to be so dumb.

Guarantee (gty) is when you pay the lowest price in a category and get your cabin assignment when you board. Obstructed means it is an outside cabin or balcony with an obstructed view ( lifeboat...)

its a guaranteed cabin with obstructed view(usually a lifeboat).

Guaranteed means you don't select which of the cabins at the time of bookling you get the cruise lines does later.

Archived