Are there any website that list all outgoing flights?

MamaParrotHead

I'm looking for options (on codeshare alirlines) for us out of ATL if we should miss our Air Tran flight. Any ideas? Thanks.

And am I correct in understanding that we can be put on another flight, with another airline as long as they're "codeshare" partners, if we miss a connection due to delay?

that there would be a website *somwhere* that would list all flights departing ATL and going to MIA, all airlines, in one list. It's such a PITA to try to plug all the info in Travelocity, etc. every single time. Thanks, though!

And just out of curiosity, does anyone know which airlines are partners with Air Tran?

You may be able to check flight schedules at the Atlanta airport website. Just check schedules on the day of the week you will be flying out of and see what other flights are going to your cruise destination. Most airlines if not all do not change their flight times and schedules week to week so this will give you a good idea of other flight possibilities.

Are you looking because this is a connecting flight? If so, maybe you could pay a little extra and fly direct if its a possibility.

that there would be a website *somewhere* that would list all flights departing ATL and going to MIA, all airlines, in one list.

There are a couple of sites available that will do this. Click here for the one that I like to use. Note that Farecast.com will not give one the flights between any 2 airports that are operated by Southwest. (As a test of this, I like to use PVD-BWI as only WN has nonstop flights and I'm always amused by what some sites list.) Also, in the last couple of weeks, jetBlue is now listed on Travelocity. This represents a major change for them.

I'm looking for options (on codeshare alirlines) for us out of ATL if we should miss our Air Tran flight. Any ideas? Thanks.

And am I correct in understanding that we can be put on another flight, with another airline as long as they're "codeshare" partners, if we miss a connection due to delay?

As JJPNYC says, AirTran does not codeshare or partner with anyone (AFAIK). If you miss your flight, you will be waiting for the next AirTran flight that has space. If you are lucky, AirTran may put you on another airline's flight, but don't count on this as it will cost them money so they won't do it unless they have to. Or else you could always just buy a new ticket on another airline.

To search for all flights between one specific airport and another specific airport, I usually use eSkyguide as a first port of call because it's fast and free, although it has some quirks (it cannot translate day-of-the-week properly).

To search for all [emphasis added] flights between one specific airport and another specific airport, I usually use eSkyguide

In a cursory examination, this site doesn't appear to list Southwest Airlines and doesn't allow one to resort the results along other categories of interest.

In a cursory examination, this site doesn't appear to list Southwest Airlines and doesn't allow one to resort the results along other categories of interest.
Ah, the dangers of selective quoting! I said:-
... I usually use eSkyguide as a first port of call ...
I didn't say that this site listed all flights. This site is only the first port of call. There are then other searches that have to be done to complete the job.

Ah, the dangers of selective quoting! I said:-I didn't say that this site listed all flights. This site is only the first port of call. There are then other searches that have to be done to complete the job.

But, to my knowledge, in going to the site I listed above, there is no need for a second "port of call". Even if one goes to USA Today's site for examining airline flight schedules (http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/schedules/index.htm), it will direct one to the site I listed. In any event, its ability to resort flights along a wide variety of factors (airline, departure time, arrival time, airport--if more than 1 is used, type of connection if any) is a major plus for its use.

But, to my knowledge, in going to the site I listed above, there is no need for a second "port of call".
Yes, it's not a bad place. But as far as I can see, it only shows flights for one day at a time. It does not automatically search across a metro area, irritatingly requiring you to specify which airports you want searched. Also, you have to click to get the flight numbers of the connecting flights concerned, something which is right on the results page of the eSkyguide screen.

So personally I think I will still be using eSkyguide as my first port of call.

In addition, on doing a random search, eSkyguide seems to be more accurate. For example, trying ISP to PHX on 16 November, eSkyguide returns the following US Airways single connection flights via PHL (to take a random example):-

3629 / 255 * (0705-1320) (* = HP flight number)

3629 / 1193 (0705-1324)

3831 / 1197 (1155-1924)

4566 / 1199 (1725-2313)

This is confirmed by the US Airways site.

Your site, though, returns the following:-

3629 / 255 * (0705-1224)

3629 / 8032 (0705-1224)

4566 / 1199 (1725-2156)

It might be thought that in searching for flight details, accuracy would be a commendable asset, too. But there we are.

It might be thought that in searching for flight details, accuracy would be a commendable asset, too. But there we are.

It would appear, thus, that like airfare search engines, no one site does everything well. In addition to not listing the largest US airline by passengers carried (Southwest), eSkyguide also doesn't include low-cost carrier Allegiant Air. Consequently, searching for flights from SFB (Sanford-Orlando) or between cities like Las Vegas and Billings, MT will not produce valid results. To further illustrate the point, even the industry standard OAG (http://www.oag.com/NorthAmerica/AirlineAndAirport/whoflyswhere.asp) only shows nonstop/direct airlines that serve a particular market. I guess one has to know the strengths and limitations of any site.

Archived