Sapphire Princess Alaska Cruise June 2007

luvs2travl

This will be our first cruise aboard the Sapphire Princess. We are booked into Suite E-730. From everything weve read and heard, we're expecting a great sail and wonderful service. Since it's our first experience in an aft cabin on this cruise line, is there any comment on our cabin selection/location? Also - any weather & clothing tips for this time of year? Shore excursions? Thanks so much!!

Howdy luvs2travl!

Welcome to Cruise Critic and the Need Help Using The Boards? Ask Here! Forum! 04.gif

Thank you so very much for your inquiry concerning your first cruise on the Sapphire Princess. However, you have posted on the forum where members find the "How to ..." type of information for using Cruise Critic's software. It is not the place for your type of post and the information you seek is off topic here. 05.gif

Per our Guidelines and to help you out, I am moving your thread to the Princess Cruises Forum where it will be on topic. The new location for your inquiry is where your fellow Cruise Critic members will be able to help you.

Also, I suggest you read FAQ and Guidelines on the blue bar above. Especially the "Getting Started" section in FAQ. That's where you will see how a new topic should be consistent with the specific forum you choose. Click here http://boards.cruisecritic.com/index.php for the list of all the Cruise Critic forums and be sure to read all Announcement and Sticky threads at the top of the various forums for additional information too.

I sincerely hope this will be satisfactory and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic!

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

This will be our first cruise aboard the Sapphire Princess. We are booked into Suite E-730. From everything weve read and heard, we're expecting a great sail and wonderful service. Since it's our first experience in an aft cabin on this cruise line, is there any comment on our cabin selection/location? Also - any weather & clothing tips for this time of year? Shore excursions? Thanks so much!!

We are also on Sapphire with some other couples in June.. what week? June 9 I hope????? You might want to check out the Alaska Ports of Call board but I can tell you that you will love this ship! I did a group on the sister ship Diamond Princess in 2005 to Alaska and the open deck spaces etc. are perfect for Alaska.. Emerald deck's a good location.. Weather varies up there.. you simply can't predict it BUT you just need to dress in layers instead of bringing one heavy jacket... jeans for daytime, some good walking shoes, disposable rain ponchos, gloves and a hat nad be prepared for it to be anywhere from high 50s to low 80s daytime.. I've been 6 times in late May/early June and had very little rain (knock on wood).... it's a great time of year to go.

Shore tours? There are a ton.. whale watching with Orca Enterprises is a favorite of mine in Juneau and also the glacier helicoptering type tours.. this company can coordinate both.. A lot depends on what you like to do so it's impossible to say.. In Kethikan Misty Fjords flightseeing and kayaking are very popular.. Many enjoy the White Pass RR in Skagway or rent a car and go up into the Yukon for the day.. How active do you want to be? We are doing Glacier Point Wilderness Safari in Skagway.. My new DH has never been to Alaska .. so he's a newbie too!

You will get people telling you NOT to take ship tours and others telling you of good ones.. there's not a bad tour IMHO in Alaska if it's what you want to do .. scenery is so incredible and there are as many options as there are days in a year.. so figure out what appeals to your interests and then narrow 'em down!

Archived