Marc's Picnic - Huahine TP

coconutpig

We booked Marc's picnic in Huahine while on the TP. After visiting his website recently, it looks like there is a new alternative touring plan. It still includes the picnic. Here is our schedule:

- Circle the island of huahine Iti

- Snorkeling

- Picnic on the motu (small island ) barbecue with a local band tables and - chairs in the water

- Snorkeling

the alternative itinerary is:

- Visit the main town of Fare.

- See the archeologic sites.

- Feed the sacred eels.

- Stop at the Belvedere

- Meet our tender for the snorkeling.

- Join the our famous picnic (pictures above) on the motu (small island ) barbecue with a local band tables and chairs in the water

- Snorkeling

Looks like this itinerary is an additional $20.

http://www.huahine-nautique.com/picnicR.htm

Has anyone done or booked the new tour??

Thanks -

• 3 weeks later...

Still trying to find anyone who's done this land tour with Marc, or maybe it's too new....we may switch over to it - it sounds interesting!

How about anyone who's done a land tour in Huahine in general? Are land tours there interesting?

Thanks!

We went last year on the TP and by far the BEST tour we took was Marc's picnic. It was wonderful. It came highly recommended and DH and I also highly recommend it. You won't be sorry.

Yes, we were on the Tahitian Princess this July and did Marc's new tour. Marc told us that the weather was really bad the day before our tour, and it was still pretty windy and cool the day we were there. They gave 8 of us the option to take an island tour by jeep to see the sites mentioned above. Eight of us from the cc board took the optional jeep tour and then they transfered us by boat to the motu. It was set up near the Princess group, but from what I understand this was not their usual location for the picnic. They had to move it there because of the wind and weather. The tables were not in the water that day, probably due to weather. The drift snorkel was so fast due to the swift current that day, that we didn't even have a chance to see any fish, we flew right by them!

The lunch was great. We would of liked to have done a shark/ray feeding and wished we had more snorkel time, but the tour was still very nice. We are planning to return next year and will probably do the tour again.The island is very lush and beautiful, and Mark and Monte are great. There really isn't much of a town. We enjoyed the jeep tour because we were able to see the whole island.

We plan on posting a review of our trip very soon, we're still going through about 1000 digital photos. We had two digital cameras, one with an underwater housing. You are in for a real treat!

Have fun.

We've tried several times to contact Marc at the e-mail address listed on this thread, but haven't heard from him. I finally made reservations with the Princess shore excursions, but will cancel them if I can get reservations with Marc. We are on the TP on 8/15. Any suggestions?

Toto2Kansas

Thanks for the advice. I've sent Marc 6 e-mails over the past 3 months and have received no replies. I sent another today. If I get no response, I'll try again tomorrow. After that, it's too late...we'll be on the plane and will have to settle for the Princess version.

Thanks everyone for your input. We are going to try to land tour.

Verde - that is strange. We have been corresponding with him with no problem, even last week as we were asking questions of the land tour vs. canoe tour. Were you getting an error or just no reply? he seemed to always reply within 24 hours. Maybe he is full for that day? You'd think he'd reply to tell you that.....

Just to confirm, here is his email: of course remove the spaces

huahinenautique @ mail.pf

• 2 weeks later...

Verde

Have tried to find you on the new boards, and here you are. Are you still interested in getting together for the party? It will be sometime in the fall.

Please e-mail me with your names/e-mail addresses, as this really helps me out a lot!

LRH@satx.rr.com

Our new thread is at

Fun Stuff, then Floataway Lounge, and look for the title above.

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon,

Lois

Archived