Help - Hato Caves and Ostrich farm - car or taxi?

flycatcher06

• 4 weeks later...

We rented a car so we could see more than the tours listed. The nature park at the end of the island was a disappointment. Even with a map that I used to plan routes, we spent a lot of time "enjoyabley lost" since most streets do not have street signs.

Tablemates just walked to the end of the pier and took one of the vans and got almost what we were able to do with explanations. I know that is what we will do when we go back. Many will customize the tour to what you want.

The Caves are up by the airport so the taxi rates aren't that bad (ours was 2 yrs ago so I'm sure they have changed) The Caves are interesting but a bit of a hike. Be sure to take water with you. There is a snack bar but things were a little pricey.

We did see the Curacao Liquor Factory and that was interesting. This seems to be part of most taxi tours.

I would also like to have time to have the taxi drive through old town neighborhoods even if we didn't get out. Some are beautiful and it was hard to watch while we were driving or navigating.

Have a good time! Wish I was going this winter!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived