Radiance OTC Gallery - Puerto Rico, Antigua, Virgins, and more!

zackiedawg

My gallery of my Radiance of the Seas cruise from October 28 - November 5, 2006 is online! It includes some ship detail photos, room photos, sunset photos, and photos of islands and ports of San Juan, Puerto Rico; Phillipsburg, St. Maarten; St. John, Antigua; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas, U.S.V.I., and Nassau, Bahamas.

Here's the link to my gallery - 183 photos:

http://www.pbase.com/zackiedawg/radiance_of_the_seas_nov_2006

Please visit, and feel free to comment, critique, or ask any questions!

• 3 months later...

Hi Justin. Nice shots. Good sunset photos with the other ship in the distance. Here's a question: It looks like you've been on lots of cruises. Is having the aft cabin with the great balcony view worth the long walks to the elevators etc, to get to other parts of the ship? Thanks man.

Hey Mailman...Thank you for the compliments on the gallery.

Is the aft view worth it? I believe so, but I would only put out a warning for someone with walking problems that it is a long distance on some ships.

I don't mind the walking - I actually like the excuse to take longer walks around the ship while at sea...if I didn't have to, I might not! Some ships are not as bad as others - Princess' Coral-class ships for example have staircases accessible about 1/3 the way back of the ship, making it easier to access. Same with the RCCL Voyager class ships, since the long centrum means the staircases are at the 1/3 - 2/3 mark instead of center.

With the Radiance, the stairway access is the center of the ship - so staying in the back means walking 1/2 the ship for anything you do....and usually double that, considering alot of lounges and public places sit in the aft or bow. Going to the popular Colony Club, which my room was sitting directly on top of, meant going to the middle of the ship, down a flight, and the same length all the way back again.

If you are fit, can walk easily, don't have leg or knee problems...I'd say it would be worth it. The upsides are the incredible quiet - very rarely do you hear anyone passing in the halls outside your room...the great view of the wake every day and night to soothe you...the balconies usually have some cover or shade as well as some sun-exposed sections because of the slanted rear designs, so you can get the best of both worlds...even in rain, you can usually use your balcony because the motion of the ship propels the rain away, so only dripping from above will affect the balcony - and that means 1/2 of the balcony remains dry...of course, the balconies are usually quite a bit larger than those on the side of the ship - on Radiance, ours was more than double that of my buddy's room on the side, despite both being in D1 cabins...and finally, you often get a unique people-watching view when in port, because your balcony faces the front or rear of other ships, yet still provides a glimpse of the land regardless of which side it is on since you can see 180 degrees or more.

The only better rooms I've had on the sides of ships have been higher categories, like Minisuites - other than that, my Radiance room was one of my favorites!

Archived