Upgrade fairy hits hmmm....

drpepr

I just received an email with a new room...apparently without telling us they changed our room on Radiance from a D1 9076 to a JS 1080.

The problem is there are four of us all adults in this cabin (which we know is going to be tight).

9076 has two twins, a sofa, and a pullman. 1080 only has two twins and a sofa and they say cannot accomodate a rollaway.

9076 has a bigger balcony since it is on the hump.

Since the room for us will primarily be used for sleeping, I think the extra bed would be better for us. The only perks I see of the JS are some extra floor space (80-90 sq feet) and an extra cruise credit....

Am I crazy for thinking about rejecting this upgrade??

The twins make into a queen and the sofa bed is a double and will sleep two people. I love the JS's. They are definitely more roomy than a D1. I would go with the JS but if you would prefer a larger balcony then maybe you want to stay with the D1.

If you had a pullman and a sofa bed and 4 adults.....I would go back with your D1 arrangement. I can tell you my husband and I slept on the sofabed, while my stepchildren slept on the twins. I love my husband and it was tight on the sofabed. If your "extra" two adults are not Intimate friends...I would either make them accomidate your upgrade with the same bed arrangement or put you back where you booked.....

Just my two cents from my own experience.

Have a Great Cruise!:)

We didn't get priority embarkation on our recent Freedom cruise even in a JS and Platinum C&A members.

I could be wrong, but I thought that I heard that RCI wasn't doing priority embarkation out of Miami anymore - regardless of the cabin type or C & A membership level. That's probably why.

I just received an email with a new room...apparently without telling us they changed our room on Radiance from a D1 9076 to a JS 1080.

The problem is there are four of us all adults in this cabin (which we know is going to be tight).

9076 has two twins, a sofa, and a pullman. 1080 only has two twins and a sofa and they say cannot accomodate a rollaway.

9076 has a bigger balcony since it is on the hump.

Since the room for us will primarily be used for sleeping, I think the extra bed would be better for us. The only perks I see of the JS are some extra floor space (80-90 sq feet) and an extra cruise credit....

Am I crazy for thinking about rejecting this upgrade??

How far out is your cruise?? I'm just wondering what the timeframe is for the fairy to wave her wand on the fortunate few...The rest of us can only hope.... :rolleyes:

I think I would keep the JS. Besides, do you even have a choice anymore? Once they "upgraded" you, that D1 cabin was probably immediately booked for someone else. If you're really upset, leverage your concerns to push for another category upgrade to GS or OS!

Archived