Noordam Cabin Location

littledylansmom

:confused: Can anyone tell me if cabins VF5134 & VF5136 are at a good location? Are the lifeboats below us going to block our view or will anything block our view? Also, for the 2/28/07 Sailing has anyone ever sailed out of NY at this time? Just want to make sure this is not a bad idea...Thanks so much for your help!

:confused: Can anyone tell me if cabins VF5134 & VF5136 are at a good location? Are the lifeboats below us going to block our view or will anything block our view? Also, for the 2/28/07 Sailing has anyone ever sailed out of NY at this time? Just want to make sure this is not a bad idea...Thanks so much for your help!

You should be ok.....the lifeboats are further forward from your cabin.

If I remember correctly the VF cabins have the steel instead of the plexiglass balcony rails which means that your view while sitting is blocked.

Those are only on deck 4 forward, grannynurse. 5134 and 5136 I believe are just aft of the most aft tender, judging by the "bend".

OP: see this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=424752 and in particular my post #9 with a picture. It appears to me that 5134/36 are over a white davit of some sort. :)

John,

I have been studying my pictures and the lifboats/tenders appear be slightly ahead of these cabins. It appears the very worst case would be seeing them as you look forward, but looking straight out or aft there shouldn't be anything in the way.

There appears to be some kind of steel rods sticking up but atleast no lifeboats.

John,

I have been studying my pictures and the lifboats/tenders appear be slightly ahead of these cabins. It appears the very worst case would be seeing them as you look forward, but looking straight out or aft there shouldn't be anything in the way.

There appears to be some kind of steel rods sticking up but atleast no lifeboats.

Yes, that's just what I'm saying ... the cabins are aft of the aft-most tender, above a white davit. Did you look at the picture in the thread that I cited?

Archived