Beaches, cabs, distance

gizmo

Hi Gizmo-

Here's a great site and map for you:

http://www.shorediving.com/Earth/ABC/Curacao/index.htm

After extensive research, I've hired a driver for the two of us for 8 hours. We're hitting a couple of the Northern beaches.... probably Grote Knip and Playa Kalki.

The guy is going to stop at a grocery store for us to load up on cold beer and ice, and then hang out with us all day.... $80 each. (The 2 of us).

I'd priced a cab.... apparently the going rate is $30 per hour! :eek:

Good luck in your plans. I think that you'll really like the link I've posted! Happy Saturday. :)

I dont know if you remember me(spankyMy) but myself and my wife were on the Holiday in 02 with you and a good group. We are taking another 11 day cruise on the empress of the sea's a southern Caribbean trip and curacao is one of the islands we are going to and really like. We rented a car last time and it was easy to navigate to some nice snorkel spots. Both the places you mentioned were good and I think Casa abou was as well. I hope all is well,take care ...Spanky My

I dont know if you remember me(spankyMy) but myself and my wife were on the Holiday in 02 with you and a good group. We are taking another 11 day cruise on the empress of the sea's a southern Caribbean trip and curacao is one of the islands we are going to and really like. We rented a car last time and it was easy to navigate to some nice snorkel spots. Both the places you mentioned were good and I think Casa abou was as well. I hope all is well,take care ...Spanky My

Hi honey! WOW. Wha a blast from the past. :)

'02 was our first cruise. Got our feet wet with you and your lovely wife.

Have you been back to visit the "BOYZ" in Ochos Rios? Dom and I have fun memories of that.... the "BELLY OF THE BEAST"!:)

Spanky.... why don't one of you guys shoot us an email at nanzo AT datasync DOT COM

We'd love to hear from you, man! Seriously! :D:D:D

NoNONat, who did you hire and how can I contact him??? I would love to hire him to take us around for beach stops on 11/28. There are 3 of us, Thanks

Hey, kiddo-

The place that I hooked up with was, "Curacao-actief".

The gal that I've been in contact with has been a doll. :) (I've driven her crazy about beach destinations and logistics for weeks...she's been great!)

Her name is Anite Windrich.

She can be emailed at: awindrich@curacao-actief.com

I'm SO LOOKING FORWARD to touring with her! Never having been to Curacao, the anticipation and prior reviews of http://www.curacao-actief.com have me TOO EXCITED! :D

Promise us that you'll post a review on Curacao, no matter what you do. I promise to do the same! ;)

Thanks NNN.

I have been to the actief site a couple of times and they look like a good excursion company to go with. but we decided on just a beach with no tour since we been to Curacoa 3 times before.

Thanks for the other link to the beaches. It is an excellent site showing many areas. :)

Just rent a car. It is easy to navigate on Curacao and if you are going far it maybe about the same price yet it gives you the luxury of seeing more places and snorkel spots along the way. We had NO PROBLEM doing it on our last trip and plan again to drive in Feb 2007....

Archived