Can I bring aboard a Small Pack-n-Play?

It may be really tight, but you can do it if it fits. We had a JS on the Enchantment and have a DS and DD. There was no way they were going to sleep together on the sofa bed, so we brought along an aero bed. It worked wonderfully. She slept in the space between the sofa bed and our bed. Tight, but it worked.

You can but you are going to have so little room inside. Does your stateroom have a sofa? If so, have the sofa made up as a bed at night and have your 3 year old sleep there.

There is a portable bedrail that safety first makes that just fit in our 28" rolling suitcase. However, on our last cruise DD was two years and seven months and she just laid on the sofa without the rail as she was already able to climb in and out of her bed.

Also, RCI will provide a pack-n-play if you ask for one. That's what we did when CJ was 11 months and we cruised. I am surprised you can put a 3 year old in though! CJ exceeded the safety limitations at about 18 months for most brands although he is large for his age.

There is probably an upper berth for your 10 yr old to sleep in so you won't have to all share that queen bed...now as far as a pack n play they will provide one for you but where you will put it will be a challenge, you might just need to keep the beds as twins and put the crib inbetween them or it might fit right in front of the closet but would be blocking your entrance.

Hope no one needs to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night!

We did get a glimpse of inside a cabin one time with all double bunks out and a pack in play on the floor between, it was extreemly tight but dooable..

Enjoy your cruise!

Bev

There is probably an upper berth for your 10 yr old to sleep in so you won't have to all share that queen bed...now as far as a pack n play they will provide one for you but where you will put it will be a challenge, you might just need to keep the beds as twins and put the crib inbetween them or it might fit right in front of the closet but would be blocking your entrance.

Hope no one needs to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night!

We did get a glimpse of inside a cabin one time with all double bunks out and a pack in play on the floor between, it was extreemly tight but dooable..

Enjoy your cruise!

Bev

To the OP....Did you book an inside cabin for 4 people? If so, then your cabin will have bedding for 4 people (a Quad). If you booked for 2 people and are just planning on bringing your Pack n Play and putting the 10 yr. old in the queen with you, I think you might have trouble even checking in. Maybe I missed something in your explanation, but that is what it sounds to me like you are planning on doing?????

Thanks all! I did book an inside cabin for 4/ From the pics I have seen, all I see is the 2 twin bed-type things. It would be great to have the above berth, like we had on the Monarch, that way we could put the P/P between us. Do they charge for this? (The usage of a PP from RCI?)

If they let you book an interior for four, it definitely has two pullman beds, Abby. They stay up and out of the way until nighttime, when your cabin steward uses a special tool to fold them down.

RC will provide the Pack and Play. Occasionally, someone reports that it's not too clean...................

I didn't cruise until my kids were teens, and I personally wouldn't cruise with wee ones, but IF I DID, I would take my own P&P.

And MAYBE one of YOU would like to sleep in a bunk bed and give the three year old a twin bed on the floor?!?!?!?!?!

JMO YMMV

:) :) :)

Don't worry about the Pack and Play...we have an 11 month old and have done two cruises with him. We dragged our Pack and Play right on the ship, set it up and it worked like a charm. The 10 year old will definitely have a pullman to use. If anything, you may ask the cabin steward to remove the small table that often is found in front of the couch.

The pack & play is workable, but it is really cramped. If you are going to do it this way, I suggest pushing the 2 single beds together and having the pack & play between the side of the bed and the wall. You are able to move the small night tables around so they are both on one side of the bed, where the pack & play will be.

What we did on our last cruise is we turned the sofa around so it faces the wall. This makes a small bed/crib type of thing. It's decent size (and longer than a pack & play) and should hold your 3 year old without a problem. This is what our room steward actually suggested to us and he provided all of the bedding for the couch.

Or, you could pick up a small air bed for the floor for the 3 year old. They sell some small/toddler inflatables that have a sleeping bag built in for around $25. They even come with an airpump and set up in minutes. During the day, you can store it either under your bed, or deflate it completely.

Hope that helps.

Jenn

Attention everyone who has replied to this thread and is trying to help ColeandAbby!!!!!!!!!!!

They are booked in an INTERIOR cabin on the SOVEREIGN.

It is 119 square feet.

There is no sofa.

There is no table.

There are no nightstands.

There is no CHAIR, except for the one at the vanity table.

It is tiny.

There is NOWHERE to put a pack and play that will not take up every square inch of floor space between the bed and the bathroom.

Abby: Use the bunk beds, or get an SO cabin. Four in a 119 square foot cabin is doable, but only if two of them are in the pullman/bunk beds.

Merion Mom is speaking the truth............ We have had the interior cabin on this ship and it is TINY!!!!!! With no extras, they have two twin beds that are against each wall and are couches during the day. They have two pullman beds that are set up at night. What I would do in this situation is have one adult sleep on the top with the 10 yr old and then one adult with the 3 yr old on the bottom. That is what we did with our kids. If you bring your pack and play there will be no room at all in between the beds and then you will be miserable trust me.... My kids were 5 and 7 and they both were fine with these arrangements. Good Luck!!!

I can't imagine putting a 3 year old in a pack and play. There is a SMALL inflatable mattress (about the size of a float you would use in a pool) that you could put on the floor. Your child would be sleeping on the float and wouldn't be that close to the floor. Take a blanket and a sheet to wrap around the float and you have a bed. In fact, if you have a sewing machine, make a sheet that totally encloses the float, use could use velcroe (sp) to fasten it. During the day you can just lean it against the wall.

Good luck!:p

Merion Mom is absolutely right, there is not enough floor space for a pack and play to be unfolded in the space between the beds. We've had inside cabins on Monarch (sister ship to Sov.) and requested the beds be separated for us, as one person has to climb over the other in the middle of the night to use the restroom. When the beds are apart, there is about 2-3 feet in between the beds, just enough room to stand. If you put a 3 year old on the floor, the danger of being stepped on is greater than them falling out of bed.

There is no sofa, there is only a desk chair, there is hardly enough space for 2 people to be standing up at the same time. You will need to get dressed in shifts, with 2 of your party leaving the cabin at a time. The 119 sq. ft. includes the bathroom and closet. If you leave the lower beds together, you will have absolutely no floor space to speak of.

If it were me, I'd just use the two pullman bunks and have the lower beds separated into twins. Figure out who will sleep in the bunks when you get there. There is a rail, your 3 year old may be able to handle the bunk.

Pack light, extremely light, the closet and drawer space is minimal in these cabins.

If there is any way you can afford it, change to an ocean view. The cabin is only 3 square feet larger, but it is storage space and that is a good thing.

Gotta agree with others that the P/P would probably not work well..

The only thing I would add is...DH has been cruising with us since 3...And has used the pullmans with no problem...However...We also all 3 slept in the same bed (two twins together ) at times with no problems..

So...You will probably get the 10 yo to sleep up top with no problem...And if the younger one feels safe...great...If not....Its not bad sleeping with all 3

Funny story on an inside..

Our only inside was during Ivan on Rhapsody...Out of 4 cabins we had,ours was the best located deck 4 midship. The night and day that we experienced 30ft waves.....We had 8 people sleeping in our cabin...Me,DH,my DS & niece in the down bed,2 up top in one pullman,one in the other,and one on the floor....

We all slept for about 12 hours that way... :eek: :confused: :(

I wasn't aware our room would have a pullman. Since discovering that, and calling RCI to double check, we will sleep dh & son on top and me and dd on bottom. I remember how small the mOnarch cabin was, so I doubt i am in for any surprises!:p I could not imagine not cruisng with both my kids, I feel honored to be able to bring them both along. They will have wonderful memories.:)

ColeandAbby, Sounds like you have a plan! The lower beds are not very far off the floor(about 1 foot, give or take a couple of inches). If you are at all concerned about the 3 yr. old falling out of bed, ask the steward for a couple of extra pillows to put on the floor next to the bed just in case!! Have a wonderful cruise!

Archived