Fares from Houston Hobby to LaPorte

hudunnit

This has probably been asked many times before, but being practically computer illiterate, I can't find the thread. We'll be on the Dream Jan. 20 from Houston. NCL's transportation is $50 pp, a taxi is $48.50, private cars run anywhere from $70 to $125 each way. Can anyone tell me what shuttles like Super Shuttle charge pp? Are the shuttles at the pier when the ship returns or do you have to make a reservation? I understand the port is aout 20 miles from Hobby and it takes about an hour to get there, is this correct?

Also, we're in a suite on Star Deck 10. Does anyone know if you get any extra perks as a suite passenger, like you do on HAL? This is the deck where I believe you can't walk from fore to aft because of the restaurant or something. Am I correct in this? (Obviously, this is our first cruise with NCL--Houston is easy to get to from Tulsa, and we wanted to try freestyle dining.)

We used Houston Professional Shuttle and were charged more than the quote. Website says $50pp, they charged $55pp. (Roundtrip) If you look around, you'll find others (like the taxi) that's one fare for as many as you can fit in the vehicle. At least, that's the way it reads to me. We had a reservation, the shuttle made us wait an hour before we were picked up! New (disgruntled) driver. Return to Hobby went much smoother. The shuttles were waiting at the pier, ready to pick up anyone - reservation or not. The trip to the pier seemed to take forever; the return (same driver) was much quicker, but certainly not an hour.

If in doubt, go with NCL. Next time, we will.

Can't answer your question about perks. You might post that question the the "cabin selection" thread.

Happy sailing!

We came in from IAH to La Porte, but I understand the same program is available from both airports. Enterprise Car Rental has one way rentals in Texas.

If the Hobby Enterprise doesn't have answers (IAH didn't), just call the Seabrook office - 281-474-4466 and they can make your reservation. You stop by the Seabrook office and they lead you to La Porte or sometimes they drive you there.

On the way back we also booked a car and went down to Galveston before going to the airport. It was a little hard to find the rep behind all the people, but she was there behind a little podium and we got a great car both ways.

Archived