Excursions On Eastern Carib. Explorer 7 Night Is It Worth It

Hey guys need some help here. i booked a 7 night eastern carib. cruise for next year and i neticed that you aren't in any one port for a real long period of time so i didn't know if using 2-3 hours on an excursion is worth it or is there plenty to see and do in ports they are; San Juan, Phillipsburg, St. Thomas, Nassau (i have been there before) ? i did kindof want to do the atlantis sub ride or the BOB but i don't know if it will rush us too much from seeing the culture of each port. any advice would be great

HEY,

MY HUSBAND & I ARE PLANNING A TRIP TO THE EASTERN CARRIBEAN IN NOVEMBER ON THE EXPLORER. WE HAVE THE SAME PORTS OF CALL & WE CANT WAIT. wE JUST LIKE TO WALK AROUND AND SOAK UP LOCAL COLOR. WE DO ALOT OF SNORKLING AND BRING OUR OWN GEAR.

tHE ONE THING WE ARE REALLY GOING TO SEE IS THE RUM FACTORY IN PUERTO RICO. i'M SURE YOU WILL HAVE A GREAT TIME NO MATTER HOW SHORT IT IS.

CRUSIN 04

ANN 25

FANTASY 1993

BRILLIANCE OF THE SEAS 2003

My daughter and I were on the Explorer in May and did the Eastern Caribbean. In San Juan we got off the ship, walked around for about 30 minutes and didn't like what we say so we got back on the ship. In St. Maarten we took a catamaran to a beach and did some snorkeling (this was a RCI shore excursion) and had a great time. In St. Thomas we did the parasailing (also a RCI excursion). Also had a terrific time. In Nassau we just stayed on the ship. Hope this helps.

We did the Eastern Carribbean on the Explorer in 2002 and loved it. Our itinerary was a little different - Labadee instead of St. Maarten - but the rest was the same. I have quite a few pictures of the different ports at http://community.webshots.com/user/jean_lynd that might help you decide. We went snorkeling on our own to Trunk Bay and Cinnamon bay on St. John when we were in St. Thomas. We walked to the El Morro fort when we were in San Juan. San Juan was a very short stop so we just did our own exploring. I hope this helps!

Archived