For those of you who arrived in San Juan at 3PM?

Sandi149

Sandi - We had the same concerns about our stop in San Juan aboard Carnival Legend this past summer. (Same itinerary as Miracle.) We actually arrived in San Juan a little after 1:00 and were off the ship by 2:00. San Cristobal is about a 10-minute walk from the ship - although it is an uphill and very warm walk. We had plenty of time there, and it is very well done. I have photos taken at San Cristobal at http://good-times.webshots.com/album/552284663QoMIjG. After San Cristobal, we walked along the waterfront toward El Morro (not enough time to visit both, at least when walking), then walked down the hill to the cathedral (managed to sneak in for a few minutes before it closed at 5 - they let you know they're closing by turning off the fans;) ), went to Pigeon Park (name is self-explanatory), then back to the ship for dinner. I really wanted to dine on shore, but everything we passed was very crowded. Hope this helps!

Thanks for the replies. I think we will take a cab up to El Morro. I don't want to do that walk up the hill in the heat. Hopefully then we can get into one of the restaurants to eat.

NYBumpkin, those pictures were great...thanks. :D

My cruise arrives in San Juan at 3PM and I am wondering, do yout think there will be time to see El Morro and the Cristobal fort since they both close at 5PM? I really would hate not getting to see those two places.

Not sure how you will have time for this. If you arrive at 3 PM, have you considered time to disembark including immigration and finding luggage. Also, what would you do with your luggage?

Not sure how you will have time for this. If you arrive at 3 PM, have you considered time to disembark including immigration and finding luggage. Also, what would you do with your luggage?

Why would I need to find my luggage? This ship will be sailing from NY to San Juan (1st stop) and continuing on after that to St. Thomas and Tortola. I don't think I need to carry my luggage around with me in San Juan. :D Not sure if we will even have to clear customs since the ship is coming from the USA going into Puerto Rico which is a possession of the US.

Sandi - You won't need to clear Customs in San Juan. I think Giorgi was thinking of a cruise that either (a) originated in San Juan, such as Carnival Destiny or Adventurer of the Seas or (b) stopped in a foreign port before San Juan, in which case you would need to clear Customs. Since you are sailing from a US port to a US port on the first leg of your cruise, you will not go through Customs until your return to New York.

BTW, when you receive your documents there will be an immigration card to complete for your stop in Tortola. Make sure you have the cards completed for each person in your party before you arrive at the pier in New York; they will collect the cards when you embark, not when you arrive in Tortola.

Sandi - You won't need to clear Customs in San Juan. I think Giorgi was thinking of a cruise that either (a) originated in San Juan, such as Carnival Destiny or Adventurer of the Seas or (b) stopped in a foreign port before San Juan, in which case you would need to clear Customs. Since you are sailing from a US port to a US port on the first leg of your cruise, you will not go through Customs until your return to New York.

BTW, when you receive your documents there will be an immigration card to complete for your stop in Tortola. Make sure you have the cards completed for each person in your party before you arrive at the pier in New York; they will collect the cards when you embark, not when you arrive in Tortola.

What kind of info is on that immigration card for Tortola?

What kind of info is on that immigration card for Tortola?

From what I remember, it was just general passenger information, length of stay, etc. It doesn't take long to complete, but it speeds things up at the pier if you have it completed ahead of time.

Why would I need to find my luggage? This ship will be sailing from NY to San Juan (1st stop) and continuing on after that to St. Thomas and Tortola. I don't think I need to carry my luggage around with me in San Juan. :D Not sure if we will even have to clear customs since the ship is coming from the USA going into Puerto Rico which is a possession of the US.

I misunderstood. I thought cruise was ending in San Juan.

• 2 weeks later...

This was great information! Thank you so much for mentioning it. We are not booked yet, but are thinking of booking Miracle for the July 30th sailing to SJ etc. It will only be our 2nd cruise. Thanks again!:D

This was great information! Thank you so much for mentioning it. We are not booked yet, but are thinking of booking Miracle for the July 30th sailing to SJ etc. It will only be our 2nd cruise. Thanks again!:D

It's a great itinerary; we had a good time in all three ports, and we loved having four sea days.

Archived