Norovirus Hits The Liberty On Transatlantic

CAC104

Norovirus Hits The Liberty

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hot flash....I just got an instant mail from one of my friends on the Liberty...and we had a running on line conversation....It seems the Norovirus struck the ship on the crossing....They have over 1000 people come down with it, and the crew's gymnasium is being used as a make shift hospital ward. Deb said it was terrible...they can't use the buffet, bleach everywhere and if it gets any worse EVERYONE is going to be quarrantined to their cabins. The bus boys are being used as waiters because even the staff is getting real sick. But, the cooks are still able to prepare the meals. A lot of the activities have been cancelled.....What a bummer. I was feeling badly that I wasn't on the TA with the rest of the girls, now I am happy to be home.

I sure hope this clears up for them soon.

I just got off the Liberty for the Mediterranean part of the cruise and noticed that people were not using the hand sanitizers, and also objected to not having any kind of towels in the public rest rooms. I always travel with a can of lysol and spray the cabin when I get on. Then I continue to sray daily down the shower and sink drains. When I got off, I gave my can to my friends in the next cabin, and so far they have been o.k.

When this happens on board, you just never know what to do to try and avoid getting sick...every little precaution can help.

Any other ideas out there?

Why do we need yet another thread on this, that simply directs people to one of the other threads, already on the first page??? :confused:

Do you really need to ask this? Or was it one of those redundant "throwing hands in the air" type questions? ;)

It's not the Norovirus, everyone has the sh$ts. cac104 read the other thread, better info.

From the Center for Disease Control:

Noroviruses (genus Norovirus, family Caliciviridae) are a group of related, single-stranded RNA, nonenveloped viruses that cause acute gastroenteritis in humans. Norovirus was recently approved as the official genus name for the group of viruses provisionally described as “Norwalk-like viruses” (NLV).

Norovirus IS having the sh$ts!

When I had it, I just had the upchucks.

As a kid, I don't remember it being so bad.

As an adult, it's was like someone kicked the crap out of me, with multiple belly punches.

Same here... I don't remember it being so bad as a kid, but having had it last year, I literally thought I was dying!!! :eek:

Archived