For Petooya: Venice hotel near P. Roma

A while back, you asked me about which Venice hotel I chose close to Piazzale Roma and why. We returned yesterday...here's our experience:

We chose to stay at the Carlton and Grand Canal as it was within easy walking distance to P. Roma. We had a 6:30 am flight and were concerned about how long it would take to get to the airport. The hotel was very nice, air-conditioned and with a safe. They prepared a take-away breakfast for us as we were leaving so early in the morning. Very quiet.

Unfortunately, there are TWO big bridges to hike over to get to P. Roma and even though we each had one rollerboard and one carry on, it was a challenge. The good part was that at 5 in the morning, no one was around to laugh at the crazy tourists. Still only took us 8-10 minutes.

The bus were there at 4:45 but since we took a cab, I don't know when it got to the airport.

There is a 3 star hotel within a two minute walk of the bus on P. Roma called Santa Chiara. Might be an option the next time.

Tania,

Thanks for your kind reply! Hope you had a fantastic cruise and wonderful time in Venice. REALLY appreciate the info.

Think we are going the route of storing our luggage at the airport when we disembark and then taking a carry-on back to the Dorsoduro area and stay where we stayed before.

Let me know when you are going to do a review of your cruise. Thanks for remembering me!!

Archived