"Magical Magica" Feb.4,2007 Roll Call

aloha16

Some people use DH for (darling husband) same thing applies to a woman DW (darling wife). The the MIL is throwing me, what is that Colleen? I think we are going to be the only one on board. I was on another site and still showed a lot of rooms available.

Less than 3 weeks!!!!

Names Cabin CC name Additional info

Dale & Debi 7422 DebiD Celebrating 25th Anny 2/6

Mike & Mary Ann [ B]7326[/b] Friends of Dale & Deb

Deb & Jerry 7424 CruiseFan II

Scott & 7426 Friends of Deb & Jerry

Colleen & Dan 7298 Colleen&Dan

Sally 7298 Dan's Mom

Gerry & Linda 7391 Gerry&Linda

Harry & Charlene 7325 CharleneNY Celebrating C's Milestone B'day 2/8

It's our first time on Costa, and on such a large ship. We really prefer small ships, but they're getting much harder to find, and way higher priced. Deb & Jerry, since you'll be on Magica the week before us, can you scout out a good place and time for us to meet, and leave notes for us in the cabins?

Aloha16 - did you post your cabin?

Seems like a lot of first timer's on this ship! Aloha where have you been and are you still going? Great job Charlene on starting the list, I know what you mean by these boards. I was in charge of doing the same thing on one of our other cruise's and it became hard to read, our list had 32 cabins on it...

nh6we - welcome and you are from Denver:eek: They are saying that New England is going to be getting a storm towards the end of the week that could dump a 1' of the white stuff:eek: We have had such a great winter I knew it had to come to end sometime...

Deb

Been trying to post for 2 days..after I type it all in ..boards are down & I loose all I typed.

Sorry I have been very busy...cruising actually. Just got back last week and had a few appts. husband got a bad cold now I have it.

Yes-still going on the cruise...Bob & Ruth #6404 and since it seems most of you are above us ..keep the noise down:D

I have just abt. figured out all we are doing this cruise in ports that is.

And yes we do the Toga night too. I made us costumes the last Costa cruise and we will be taking them again.

This is our second time on Costa and we are giving them a last chance to change how we felt abt. the other. We were one of the unhappy Costa people ..too many pushy,rude people,food sucked,and hearing everything in 7 languages drove us crazy. I have heard they have gotten abit better so we shall see..but I booked for the ports and price we got.

We prefer smaller ships and it seems that Holland is the only one who still uses some so our next cruise we plan is a Holland Southern Carib.And we prefer longer cruise too. But we just took a 7 day in Nov. and just got off a last minute 5 day. And we have this cruise and plans for a week in March in Vegas. So my plate is full. besides living in Fl. we don't go anyplace during hurricane season as we live where we need to evacuate and that is a pain.

My husband is ill and cannot walk far so I rent him a electric wheelchair or scooter for the cruises so he can be more independent. He will be starting dialysis soon so we also are trying to do all we can before that starts.

Well-thats abt. it for now..hope this posts and aloha

Since I have no first-hand knowledge of Magica, I'd hoped someone would pick up the ball on that. I had posted earlier asking if Deb & Jerry, who are boarding a week before us, might scout out a good place and time for us to meet, and leave notes for us in the cabins.

Thanks, Bob & Ruth - Aloha16.

So...any ideas?

I checked the Roll Call pages, and there is none there for 2/4 Magica. We all seem to have found our way here, so I see no need to start a thread there.

Does anyone have a suggestion for any of our Magica ports that DOES NOT involve water sports? DH wants to skip those, and I can get my snorkeling in anywhere. We've been to San Juan, St. Thomas, and Casa de Campo, so we're looking for something "different."

Welcome back Ruth, sorry to hear that your husband is ill. You still seem to be very busy which is a good thing. We go to Vegas about every other year, I have a sister that lives in Henderson and we go out to visit.

Charlene - don't know what to tell you about the other ports, we too have been to them several times before. We are both scuba divers so we may be diving. Do you play golf? St. Thomas has a beautiful golf course called Mahogany Run, we have played there a few times. We also did a helicopter ride which was fantastic in St. Thomas. In Grand Turk you might want to hook up with some one and rent a call and drive around the island (it is only 7.5 miles long). San Juan is our anniversary so we may just stay on and enjoy the evening, but then again we may end up at Senior Frogs:D Now we have not been to Casa de Campo so maybe you could suggest something fun, was looking into Zip Lining. We did that in Limon and had a ball.

As for the meet and greet all I know is Sunday is out for us, we will be watching the superbowl where ever we can find it playing on TV.

All,

Let's plan to meet on Monday, Feb 5th at the Solarium Bar at 11:00 a.m. If I find a better place than that I will leave notes for everyone -- but this way we have something set up in case new folks find this thread next week. I won't be following the thread after Friday. Here's the list I have (and will take with me)

Colleen & Dan 7298

Sally 7298

Chris and Ginny 7306

Harry & Charlene 7325

Mike & Mary Ann 7326

Gerry & Linda 7391

Dale & Debi 7422

Scott & Janet 7426

Bob & Ruth 6404

Deb & Jerry,

Thanks for taking the initiative on this. Solarium Bar 11AM Monday...sounds like a plan. Enjoy the first week of sailing!

Last time I was in Casa de Campo, probably 16 years ago, all that was there was the "new" resort, La Romana. Not even sure there was a cruise dock there, since we drove in from Santo Domingo. I'll be checking out the CC port boards.

We're not football fans, so we'll be looking for a non-"bowl" venue on Sunday. ;)

Wouldn't mind renting a jeep or dune buggy to see Grand Turk, if anyone wants to share with us.

Nine more work days (with many prayers for a snow day!) till departure!

Wow - I am now really looking forward to the trip. I think this is one of the worst week that I have had in a very long time. Been so busy that I have not even started to get the cloths out on the rack to see what I want to bring.:eek: I usually start that 3 weeks before! Oh well I have this weekend to put something together....

Have fun Deb & Jerry but leave us some food and cocktails:D Hope to hear all positive things when we board in a little over a week....

Debi_D,

No Worries about that - they will restock the 'larder' in Ft. Lauderdale on the 4th. Enjoy your packing -- I'm all but done now, just waiting to put the last minute meds and bathroom things in. Our weather in Tucson has been very strange -- we had 2 inches of snow when we got up Monday morning !!! I am definitely ready for some warm weather. 4 more 'wake ups' and we'll be boarding the Magical Magica :-)

We usually do our own thing on cruises.

In St.Thomas if you want a fun tour with a great tour guide go to:

Sunny Liston Tours - he has an open air trolly type van .He is quite a character. It is $25 pp payable in cash. Check his website out and you book on line. He will send you an e-mail confirmation and meet you ouside the ship.

San Juan we have friends who live there and will be with them.

Casa de Campo-been there before and just going to market place.

Grand Turk -just shopping.

Aloha for now

Archived