Anyone back from Glory 11/11?

sheilb4

As you can see we like the Glory and have always had a wonderful time. Only problem is that you have to know wht elevator to take to get to the area you want and even on our second cruise found us having the same problem which we laughed about. Hopefully with our Christmas cruise on her we will have the navigation down pat

Please tell us about it, how it was etc. I am going in 19 days and reading the comments/reviews on her keeps me going until my time on her comes up.....

Come on someone, tell me all about it! good and bad!:p

We just got back from the Glory. The ship, staff, food, and shows were great. I'll be posting a full review shortly, but in the meantime you might want to check out my thread about the Glory: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=441790

My family just returned on Saturday from a week cruise on the Glory. This was my third cruise and I would have to say this ship is by far the best (so far)! The ship is very clean and very pretty. You couldn't ask for a more friendly crew. The food was excellent in the main dining room. The buffets were pretty good, but nothing out of the ordinary. I never made it to any late night shows since I had my 4 and 10 year old with us but heard the shows were great. I had family who also traveled with us, who cruise alot and they all agreed that the food was the best that they have had on any ship and the entertainment was great! We went on the Western cruise to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Belize and Bahamas. Belize was nothing to write home about, so make sure to book an excursion. The water at the port was as brown as a mud hole. Yuck! They said is was their rainy season and I guess the water just gets very brown and gross looking. We did meet friends on the ship who went to a beach/ excursion and said it was beautiful. The actual town itself is nothing too great, just a typical port.

Costa Maya, now this was a beautiful port. You don't need to do any excusions here. It is like a big resort area with beaches/ pools/ swim up bars and lots of shopping and restaurants.

Bahamas, well we took a taxi over to a local beach where their was shopping and resaurants.

Cozumel, alsways fun. We went to a local beach called "Paradise Beach" which is a short taxi ride away. Their they have a private beach, bars, restaurants. We ususally do all of the tours, but this time we thought we would just try the beaches since we had the kids and the tours are very exspensive.

One thing that I didn't care for on the ship was the kids program. I have never used one before so I am not to familiar with how they work, but every time I would bring my kids to drop them off, they would be closing in like a half an hour or an hour. It seemed like every single time I dropped them off, I was too worried about having to run back and get them before they closed. They always closed for "story time" or for this or for that. It just made it where you couldn't relax since you were constantly watching the clock. I would prefer to be able to drop them off and be able to pick them up when you are ready. No, I don't want to leave them their all day or anything, but it just wasn't very convenient. Another thing was the layout of the ship was very confusing. It does get very frustrating the first few days. Their are only like 2 floors that actually go all the way through and will get you all over the ship, other wise, you get stuck in little sections where the elevators and stairways are. It takes a few days of getting used to, and once you do, it is all ok. By the end of the week, you should have it down pat! ha ha

All in all, I would recommend this ship to anyone! Carnival Glory is a great ship. I would go again in a heart beat!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask or e-mail me.

Have fun on your cruise!!!!!!!!

Archived