We just booked the Valor today

jemingway

and we are toasting ourselves now with a drink.:D It's one of the greatest feelings in the world. We're doing Western Caribbean on July10, 2005. We're also doing the 2-day pre-inaugural cruise on the Valor on Dec. 15,:cool: but we already had that one booked.

I too am also thinking about booking this cruise on the same ship.

What category did you book? I am looking at cat 11.

I will be travelling with DH and DD (10th bday gift) and wanted a cabin big enough for all 3 of us.

Are you cruising with any kids, if so what are there ages?

Help convince me to try CCL instead of Princess or RCCL.

I bet it is a nice feeling knowing that you are booked.

We just got back from the Caribbean Princess and it was fabulous. We did not want to do the same ship again, however, and the Valor is somewhat cheaper. We also thought about RCCL Navigator of the Seas, but it was more expensive also. Since the Valor is only new once, we thought we would go for it and save RCCL for next time.

We have cabin #6450 for us, which I believe is Category 8A. Next door is my wife's sister and her husband. The 4 kids of the 2 families are across the hall with an inside quad. Next to them are the in-laws. We were going to book the Verandah deck, which is Category 8C, but decided that lower was more centrally located for the elderly in-laws.:rolleyes: Again, being a new ship made the difference to us.:D

There is a tone of you guys going on this cruise. All of you must be very excited. Family cruise wow.

How old are the kids who will be cruising.

Have you ever cruised CCL before? I am having a hard time deciding between the three lines that I am afraid I can't choose.

Been on Grand Princess, Voyager and soon to be on the Explorer. Never gone on CCL and am wondering if I should consider them for the family cruise.

I have been reading lots of reviews and their reputation seems to be improving alot. Do you have any information on the kids program.

Do you think a category 8 stateroom would be big enough for the three of us or would it get squishy????

Any info you have, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Wendy

We have been on all 3, including twice on Carnival. We were on the Paradise and the Imagination, which are both from the older vintage. The kids are 12 and 8, but will be 13 and 9 next month. Their cousins are 15 and 12. All 4 rank Carnival 1st and RCCL Voyager class a close 2nd, although the 2 12-year-olds loved Princess. The 15-year-old was bored on Princess. I think the Princess and RCCL ships are a little more impressive, but Carnival is a better value. We will continue to rotate through them all.:D

way to go Jemingway. That didn't take long. :D

Back one week and already booked again. That's the way to beat the PCD.

We were on the Caribbean Princess one week before you. I am thinking about this ship for my daughters honeymoon in Oct 05 along with Navigator of the Seas and CCL Miracle. I would book them on Caribbean Princess but I want them to do the Western Caribbean. I think only being 24 they'd enjoy that better than the Eastern and Caribbean Princess is doing the Eastern that week.

Bill

Thanks for all the info on Carnival.

I have never had such a hard decision to make before.

DD wants to go on all four cruise lines (RCCL, CCL, Princess and Disney). I told her she had to pick one as they all offer different things that she wants to do.

I have to make up my mind soon as I have no idea as to which it will be either the Valor, Caribbean Princess or Navigator.

All your feedback is appreciated.

Yes, I followed your travels and posts, so I know you were just before us. Great website, too.:cool: I will definitely go on the Caribbean Princess and/or its future sister ship again one day, but we like to try different(and new)ships.:D

Archived