what dock at key west?

decruzer

http://209.43.125.112/department/division.asp?fDD=13-192

This site from the Key West, FL website lists the cruise ship calendars and tells you where each ship is docking.

http://www.keywestcity.com/egov/apps/services/index.exe?path=details&action=i&id=86

This link from the Key West, FL website lists the port locations.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

The Key West map from my Cruise Maps page shows the dock, and a Voyager class ship is docked there in the satellite photo! There's also a Carnival ship at the other dock, but I don't know the name of that one. I think you have to take a short tram shuttle ride from there to get to the main part of town.

You can click on the dock marker to get directions (and distances) to any address you might have for a point of interest in town. :)

Theron

There are 3 Cruise Ship Docks in Key West. From the south, there is the Outer Mole (Navy Dock) is usually used by Carnival Destiny, Conquest, or Spirit Class Ships, and some Celebrity ships. Then there is Dock -B- (Ex- Hilton Pier...now Westin Pier) This dock is used for Carnival Fantasy Class, and all RCI Ships. The Pier just to the north is Mallory Square Pier...this is used mostly by NCL, and Carnival Fantasy Class ships. On busy ship days.... there can be 1 or 2 anchored out by Sunset Island.

Radio

;) ;)

The Key West map from my Cruise Maps page shows the dock, and a Voyager class ship is docked there in the satellite photo! There's also a Carnival ship at the other dock, but I don't know the name of that one. I think you have to take a short tram shuttle ride from there to get to the main part of town.

You can click on the dock marker to get directions (and distances) to any address you might have for a point of interest in town. :)

Theron

That's not a Voyager Class ship. Look closely. It is a Vision Class. No Voyager ships currently go to Key West.

The Enchantment and Rhapsody are regulars in Key West.

That pier (Pier B), formally known as the Hilton Pier, is right next to Mallory Square and very close to Duval St.

That's not a Voyager Class ship. Look closely. It is a Vision Class. No Voyager ships currently go to Key West.

That pier (Pier B), formally known as the Hilton Pier, is right next to Mallory Square and very close to Duval St.

According to the RCI web site, the Enchantment has a length of 990' and the Rhapsody is 915'. Both vessels have a maximum beam of 105-106'.

Using the ruler tool on Google Earth the boat docked at Key West appears to be about 115' long. It's harder to get a beam shot due to the angle, but it's probably around the 105-106' range.

Not claiming to be an expert on the RCI ships (or any other for that matter) I'd have to guess the boat shown is the Rhapsody.:)

Arg! :eek: You are correct, thanks!

Grandeur has also been a regular in Key West for the past two summers, but no way to know when the photo was taken.

Theron

Not claiming to be an expert on the RCI ships (or any other for that matter) I'd have to guess the boat shown is the Rhapsody.:)

I think you're right. My money's also on Rhapsody. The ship in the photo does not have the extension or the trampolines. Also, Enchantment is usually alone in port.

I think you're right. My money's also on Rhapsody. The ship in the photo does not have the extension or the trampolines. Also, Enchantment is usually alone in port.

So much for proof reading before hitting the send button.:rolleyes: I meant to say the ship docked at Key West measured about 915' long (same as Rhapsody and Vision), not 115'.

I noticed you've spent some time aboard USCG Cutters. My first two cruises were out of NY to Bremerhaven, Germany 16 MAY 1953 on the USNS General Alexander M Patch, returning to NY on 30 MAY 1954. Eight days at sea each trip. I was a Sgt. in the USAF, and needless-to-say did not have an aft balcony cabin on deck 8 on either trip. :D

I noticed you've spent some time aboard USCG Cutters. My first two cruises were out of NY to Bremerhaven, Germany 16 MAY 1953 on the USNS General Alexander M Patch, returning to NY on 30 MAY 1954. Eight days at sea each trip. I was a Sgt. in the USAF, and needless-to-say did not have an aft balcony cabin on deck 8 on either trip. :D

Greetings Sgt. I was a BM1 in the USCG. (Boatswains Mate 1st Class) Remembering how it was living out of a rack and 1 foot wide locker on a boat that does not ride very well (with no concierge service;)) makes the problems on cruise ships seem kinda petty. I just love being out at sea.

Archived