Celebrity Suite on the Connie

gunner22a

I have a great Sky Suite booked for my Carribbean cruise (6131) but the wife is thinking about a Celebrity Suite. I have never stayed in one and would like to hear from anyone who has> I can live without a balcony but was wondering if there are any other things I should know about. Any help is appreciated.

We were in a Celebrity Suite on the Constellation in October. It was great for our cruise but I would prefer a balcony for the Carribbean. Would your CS be facing forward or aft? It is a wonderful suite because of the room. If you're going to upgrade, get a Royal Suite. You'll have all of the room plus a wonderful balcony. I really liked the CS but only because it was cool outside.

I would chose the CS. We had one on an Alaska cruise on the Infinity. Sure...there was no balcony, but the size of the suite MORE than made up for it. I was recently on a warm weather cruise, and even sitting out on the balcony, I still thought about that CS. I would stay away from the top deck suites (steel pool deck above you) and the aft facing suites (last window is covered with window washing equipment).

I'm booked in a CS on Connie in December, and although I've never stayed in one I have visited them on occasion. I'm more than willing to give up the balcony for the extra space--especially a real dining table, which makes eating breakfast in the stateroom so much more enjoyable--and a real living space separated from the bedroom. For a 10-day cruise, square footage of the cabin is really important to me.

Another great feature is that the CS is located mid-ship, where you have the smoothest ride, and getting around is that much easier.

The CS is a much better value than a Sky Suite. I recently did the math and determined that on my cruise, the cost per square foot of the CS is $7.23 per person. For a Sky Suite, the cost is $10.91 per square foot. You really pay a premium for that balcony.

My only hesitation is that you can't open a window to air out the room, and when it's hot and sunny the living room can get very warm, even with the AC on full blast.

I'm booked on my first CS for next May to Alaska. I'm on the Summit in cabin 6104. On our last cruise we saw it the day we were leaving the ship and just fell in love with the space.

When we decided to do the 13-night West Coast/Alaska we looked at the price at the CS and couldn't believe how reasonable it was. I think this cruise is considered a repo. We booked it immediately.

Remember you get Butler service with this suite. The floor to ceiling windows are perfect, since I don't really spend time on the balcony. I hear they are also motorized which is nice. I like the separate bedroom and two TV's with CD player as well. We will be eating most meals in the cabin, especially breakfast. You can get whatever you want, even the fabulous waffles. The butler takes care of it.

I would like to try a Sky Suite in the future if the price is right.

I can't believe when I started cruising we did inside cabins, then windows, balconies and now suites. I'm going to be spoiled. But I won't be in a CS for all my cruises. Only if the price is right.

Archived