Choose my Grand Cayman adventure, win a prize!

melissa@cruisecritic

Choose my adventure in Grand Cayman (descriptions of tours below)!  

714 members have voted

1. 1. Choose my adventure in Grand Cayman (descriptions of tours below)!

• Cultural Express
    • Grand Cayman Helmet Diving
    • Grand Cayman Parasailing
    • Honey Suckle Beach Trail Ride
    • Sea Spi
    • Stingray City Swim & Snorkel

Grand Cayman Parasailing, 1-hour adventure tour

Royal Caribbean: "Soar 400+ feet above the crystal blue Cayman waters and Seven Mile Beach on an exhilarating ride controlled by your certified crew!"

Me: I'll only be in the air for 6 - 8 minutes … but it's something I've never done and sure sounds cool! There's an option afterward to chill at Royal Palms Beach.

Gets my VOTE !

I've been to Grand Cayman 4 times and have done the Stingray Sandbar excursion 4 times! So, can you guess which excursion I voted for!?!

Although the water is usually shallow enough to stand up easily, don't pass up the snorkel equipment. You can see the creepy critters much better and if you're floating on top of the water they won't freak you out so much by running into you or going between your legs.

This is one experience not to miss!

Melissa,

I would definitely recommend Captain Marvin's Stingray/snorkel tour. We did this tour a few years ago with him and it was absolutely wonderful. We liked that fact that our tour group was small and we had much more time to snorkel and play with the stingrays.

We have done the stingray city and snorkling , it was the highlight of our trip, dont worry about them, they are docile creatures when handled calmly.

It is really a unique experience to feel them and hold them, and if you are lucky , you will get a backrub and a kiss, but not on the lips as they are like a super hoover.

Have fun and enjoy whatever you do.

I was just at Stigray City last May. I would suggest Captain Marvins (http://www.captainmarvins.com/) and I would try to go for a more remote area for the Stingrays (If possible).

There might be a more personal excursion available where you could avoid the Cruise Ship Crowds.

Besides the Crowds it was fabulous. Make sure you snorkel on the reefs. This was beautiful and just as cool as the Stingrays.

Mickwe

I voted for the Helmet Dive. Last year, we did the helmet dive in Cozumel, and it was absolutely the BEST excursion we have ever taken...period...end of story. And we have the 20 minute video to prove it :D . I can only imagine how much better it could be in the fantastic Grand Cayman waters.....

We just came back from Grand Cayman a few days ago and we did not get to do stingray city because my husband is a big wuss lol! I wanted to do it so badly though. We did the tour with hell/rum cake factory/turtle farm thing and it wasn't anything special...we spoke with the friends we met on the ship and they ALL did Stingray city and said it was AMAZING! I was so jealous and if you do it I suppose I can live vicarilously through you because unless I leave the hubby behind I can't do it myself, but I hope you get to do that one, it's supposed to be the best thing to do on the whole entire island!

Back before Florida got so developed, I used to be able to ride horses down to the beach and always thought it so much fun...I would love to have the chance to do it again and try to relive a little of my youth. But for anyone this is a really great experience if you like horses....and I have already done Sting Ray city:p

My family did the Stingray tour in Feb.06 and it was a once in a lifetime experience that we will always have to remember as a family. It is very safe if you choose the right experienced company and the pictures that you have will always be cherished. I think we would all do it again in a heartbeat and there's not many times you can say that!!

Debbie

This place is just perfect for the sting rays. It was soooooooo awesome.

They give you some stuff (squid I think) to feed them and I did, but you know how it is to have something icky in your hand, well even in the water I wiped my hand on my thigh and one came by and "kissed" me there. I am not a screamer but boy I did yelp and jump, not because I was hurt it was just.........a kiss.

We had one of those underwater cameras and I got some great shots. That was before we had digital camera and they are not on CD.

You gotta do this excursion, it is right up there with the helicopter in Alaska.

Linda

Melissa,

My choice is: Grand Cayman Parasailing, 1-hour adventure tour

Royal Caribbean: "Soar 400+ feet above the crystal blue Cayman waters and Seven Mile Beach on an exhilarating ride controlled by your certified crew!"

My reason: Because I have never done this but my husband and sister did and they thought it was wonderful and something that they are glad they did. It is awesome.

Sharon I

We did this last month with Nativeways and it was too wonderful for words.

I am a great-grandmother and I would go again in a heartbeat minute.

Their guides are wonderful. Kissing a stingray was great Rum Point was beautiful. That day was the highlight of our Freedom cruise. 8 gals and we all loved it and now watch it on our tv at home.

Have a great trip

Rapsodyme

Hi Melissa, I've never done the Helmet Diving, but I love to Snorkel. Grand Cayman has so many different fish to see. Doing the Helmet Dive will let you get close to the sea life, and you won't be limited to just seeing stingrays.

We've done Hell, the Turtle Farm, etc., too, but the snorkeling there has been some of the best!

Hope you have a great trip.

Betty :cool:

Well after placing my vote, I see the 3 hour tour not gettin many votes. While I would be very nive to do any of the other choices, many are ones that can be done just about anyplace in the Caribbean but each island country has it's own unique history that can't be learned anyplace else.

I am hoping that on my upcoming cruise wedoo more of this type excursion, since we have snorkled in many places and to tell the truth once you are in the water one place looks so much any other.

Archived