Photos of Costa Maya?

crazycruzer68

I haven't been there....yet:D . My husband and I will be there in May. Sounds relaxing from what I read. Looking at our other ports of call I came across pictures of costa maya. Go under Cayman Island port and go to pictures from rum point by Wales 2004. He has pix of Belize, Costa Maya and some of Cozumel.

Hi Josie, Here is a link to an album of pictures from Costa Maya.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/144822739JtYnWH

You can click on any thumbnail to enlarge. You will also see a search window at the top. You can use it to search for photos from most anywhere on webshots.

Happy Cruising,

yst

Where's the pool at in the picture?

I was just in Costa Maya on Friday aboard the Norwegian Sun out of NO,LA. There is an area of shopping as well as some beach area with 2 pools and some restaurants/bars. I had a good time but found the shopping higher priced than other spots like Cozumel. The shop keeepers prices were high, but you could barter with them. There are 2 pools. One across the beach by the water, and the other right in the center of the shopping area with a swim up bar.Not a bad place overall.

Monarch of the Seas 4/02

SS Norway 11/02

M/S Norwegian Wind 11/03

M/S Norwegian Dawn 11/04

M/S Norwegian Dawn 4/06

M/S Norwegian Sun 11/06

Loved the pics. Do you just take a taxi to the beach in the pics? Are chairs/umbrellas available for rent?

Hi Josie, Here is a link to an album of pictures from Costa Maya.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/144822739JtYnWH

You can click on any thumbnail to enlarge. You will also see a search window at the top. You can use it to search for photos from most anywhere on webshots.

Happy Cruising,

yst

I loved Costa Maya!!! We walked through the pier area and grabbed a ride to Majahual where we enjoyed a fabulous day at the beach! We returned to the pier and did a little shopping/browsing and enjoyed the dancers. I took quite a few photos that day! You can see them at my Glory link below in the album titled Carnival Glory Cruise - Wednesday.

The entertainment (pools, dancing shows etc) at the pier area are free of charge. I found it to be a bot crowded. The ticket for a ride to Majahual was $3 per person to get there. A taxi back was $2 per person. Or vice versa....either way the ride in total was $5 per person. It was free to sit on a lounge chair at the beach but we ate from the place where we sat. Food was good and well priced and the drinks were the same.

We were in Costa Maya and Mahahual in August on Carnival Miracle. We spent most of the time in Mahaual and really enjoyed it. Here is a link to our photos, mostly of Mahahual.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/553766295cNyzgy

Holy cow, the beach looks crowded in your pics! How many ships were in port the day you were there? We were the only ship in port and most people never made it past the pier complex. We nearly had the beach to ourselves.

Holy cow, the beach looks crowded in your pics! How many ships were in port the day you were there? We were the only ship in port and most people never made it past the pier complex. We nearly had the beach to ourselves.

Two ships were at Costa Maya that day: Carnival Miracle (ours) and Carnival Valor. Quite a number of passengers went to Mahahual and there was a line for the busses. (We were glad we got to The Cat's Meow early.) The pier area itself was very crowded and it felt good to go from there to the village.

• 2 weeks later...
My wife and I visited Costa Maya this September, and went to the "secret beach" right next to the pier on the other side of the wall, it was cheap,adventurous, relaxing, and fantastic!

Our pics are on the web here:

www.flickr.com/photos/jasonandnicola

Let us know if you have any questions!

Jason & Nichola - Loved the pictures! Do you mind sharing what type of camera you used to get those fabulous shots? The details in the butterflies were pretty spectacular.

Archived