Half Moon Cay Cabanas (by Colour) Guide

skywalkervadar

The order of the cabanas on Half Moon Cay seems to be a popular question on this board so while we were there in October aboard the Westerdam, I decided to take a picture of each of them and then create this handy dandy "Cabana by Colour" guide ....

... Enjoy and tell all of your friends ;o)

http://static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

• 4 months later...
Are any of them better then others? Any recommendations? It will be 4 adults. No children.

There will be more people in front of the cabanas closest to the end of the beach where the kids play place is than at the far end of the beach. I'd get one of the farther away Cabanas for a quieter day.

Not this end:

l20.jpg

This was the view passed the last cabana:

l16.jpg

The order of the cabanas on Half Moon Cay seems to be a popular question on this board so while we were there in October aboard the Westerdam, I decided to take a picture of each of them and then create this handy dandy "Cabana by Colour" guide ....

... Enjoy and tell all of your friends ;o)

http://static.flickr.com/108/296583013_6fa96f5e51_o.jpg

Great pictures, they are most helpful in choosing a cabana

Wow, those are great pictures. Thanks for doing this...and sharing with us. We've got the turquoise one reserved and we are so excited!

I know this post is old, but how did you reserve your cabana ahead of time? I thought you could only reserve them once you were onboard??

Hoping somone might know the price for the extra service of having a butler for drinks and stuff??

I am leaning towards the yellow one...I would like to be away from everyone. Although we are the only ship...still need some peace and quiet..lol

Would also like to know if I can book it ahead of time to ensure I get the location I am looking for.

Thank you so much!

Denyce

I know this post is old, but how did you reserve your cabana ahead of time? I thought you could only reserve them once you were onboard??

You can reserve them online if you are sailing on HAL. Carnival customers have to wait until they get on the ship.

We were on HAL and we were able to book the cabana online. Once we were on the ship, we booked the butler service.

HMC was beautiful...and the cabana was awesome! We were the only ship there that day, and the place was really not crowded at all. We also enjoyed having a butler.

If we were to book a cabana and wanted another couple to join us, could they get on an early tender as well or will they just have to join us later? Also, will Carnival charge half to our account and half to theirs, or will one of us have to pay the entire amount?

Thanks!

If we were to book a cabana and wanted another couple to join us, could they get on an early tender as well or will they just have to join us later? Also, will Carnival charge half to our account and half to theirs, or will one of us have to pay the entire amount?

Thanks!

We asked a couple to join us, and they met us at our cabin (the butler took us off and schleped our things-it was a really hard re-entry to the real world when we came home! lol). But prior to booking the butler, HAL had left a priority tender ticket in our cabin...with the cabana info, and an order form for shoe size (for snorkeling things).

I would imagine that if there are four of you using the cabana, that all of you will be able to get off the ship early.

I don't know about splitting the charge. My guess would be no, because it's listed as an excursion, so I would imagine they would charge one account, and if you are splitting the cost, you'd have to get the other to pay you directly, but that's just a guess.

Even if there are only two of you using the cabana...fill the forms out saying there are four. That way you can order more soft drinks and water. You might as well get the most for the money you are spending for the cabana.

I am traveling on Carnival so I guess I have to wait to book til i get on the ship. u will find me at the excursion desk b4 I even get to my cabin..lol I want that yellow cabana! lol

If anyone knows the price is different on Carnival please let me know

(according to above..$270 with butler from HAL)

Thank you so much!!!

Denyce

Denycejac26,

I do not remember carnival offering a bulter. I think it was $ 219. for a 4 person cabana. Their are waiters going by non stop selling drinks,beer and water.

I am traveling on Carnival so I guess I have to wait to book til i get on the ship. u will find me at the excursion desk b4 I even get to my cabin..lol I want that yellow cabana! lol

If anyone knows the price is different on Carnival please let me know

(according to above..$270 with butler from HAL)

Thank you so much!!!

Denyce

We were on HMC, I believe the cabana was $219 and the butler was an additional $270. I don't think Carnival offers the butler, but then I don't know that I get the butler the next time. We did the butler since we were celebrating my 50th birthday, but honestly, we would have been just as happy with the BBQ. It was nice to have someone schlepp our things, but the lunch from the Pinnacle Grill was just really more than we needed. By the time we had finished the appetizer and lobster sandwiches, we were stuffed. And we only had a couple of drinks each, and had it not been part of the package, I don't know that I would have had more than one.

Plus, the snacks and fruits in the cabana were really all we needed. And then there's the BBQ.

Hope you get the cabana! It's really a nice way to spend the day on HMC. Of all the places we've been, I think HMC is probably has the most beautiful sand and water. It's really pretty. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived