At what point do I panic?

Karibean

Okay, this is my first cruise and I don't know how things work exactly but I don't have our cruise docs yet and was wondering when I should be truly worried. I'm already worried because we st sail in less than a month. We're on the Majesty of the Seas, departing on 12/11/06. I booked through broker, not through RCCL directly.

Should I go ahead and call to check on our docs or am I just a little anxious - which is entirely possible?!?!? :p :confused: :rolleyes:

You usually don't recieve your docs until you are 30 days out or less. And you don't really need them anyway. As long as you fill your set sail pass out on line at rccl.com that is all you will need. Don't worry about the docs. Unless you booked hotel and air through them, you don't need them. We got ours at about 25 days out.

Same here - we depart in less than two weeks, and we got our documents some time last week, about three weeks out.

I would contact the broker/travel agent if you are concerned, but I think there is plenty of time yet.

Maddle

Some are E-Docs sent over the computer & others are the booklet mailed to you. That tells you your stateroom, any OBC, has your transfer coupons in them, lists air arrangements that you already phoned the airline for seat assignment when your TA told you the air arrangements.

If none has happened then contact the party that booked it for all the info. Do you online docs to print out to give to clerk at check in to just scan credit card & give you room keys.

30 days is my point where I have the ta call.........

Your ta can call and ask for the document department and they will be able to tell you the day they were issued and what day they either were sent out, or are going out.

Enjoy your first cruise.:)

Okay, this is my first cruise and I don't know how things work exactly but I don't have our cruise docs yet and was wondering when I should be truly worried. I'm already worried because we st sail in less than a month. We're on the Majesty of the Seas, departing on 12/11/06. I booked through broker, not through RCCL directly.

Should I go ahead and call to check on our docs or am I just a little anxious - which is entirely possible?!?!? :p :confused: :rolleyes:

Call your broker if you're TERRIFIED! ;) It will make you feel better ;)

Karibean

Don't worry, your docs are probably on their way, but you can have a full set emailed to you that you can print yourself. If you booked through a TA, have them get them emailed or if you booked directly, you can call and have them emailed. We had our regular docs but had a set emailed so we could cut out vouchers for transfers and hotels without trying to pull them out of the booklet they send you. It just made it easier and we had second copies of all vouchers in case one got lost. (btw, this set of docs that you can have emailed are not the same as the set sail pass, you don't really need them but it's nice to have)

It's fine if you want to call to check on them. You won't look neurotic or anything.

Have fun.

I just want to thank you all for making me feel like I'm not too neurotic! :rolleyes: I did call the TA and found out that our docs were mailed yesterday so I should be receiving them soon. Since this is my first cruise, I guess I just want to do the "Doc Dance" that I have heard so much about on these boards! :p

Anyway, thanks again for helping out a newbie! :)

I just want to thank you all for making me feel like I'm not too neurotic! :rolleyes: I did call the TA and found out that our docs were mailed yesterday so I should be receiving them soon. Since this is my first cruise, I guess I just want to do the "Doc Dance" that I have heard so much about on these boards! :p

Glad to hear it! Have a wonderful time!

For future reference, you don't always get mailed documents. We went on Empress of the Seas in 2004 and only got e-docs about 30 days prior to cruise. SO that's what I set as my panic button. If 30 days goes by and I haven't heard anything, then I call the cruiseline or travel agent.

Have a great cruise!:D

I just want to thank you all for making me feel like I'm not too neurotic! :rolleyes: I did call the TA and found out that our docs were mailed yesterday so I should be receiving them soon.

See, I told you. Call the TA and the docs arrive the next day. Works for me all the time. However, you can't cheat. Calling 6 months prior to the cruise does not work. You have to wait until you are within the 30 day period.

Archived