Cruise from Sydney to French Polynesia 2008

cheznandy

Hello all,

Have been reading these threads for a while now and thought I would introduce myself!

My best friend and I have booked the new PO Pacific Dawn (old Regal Princess) for a once in a life time cruise from Sydney to French Polynesia in June 2008.

Our itinerary is Noumea, Tonga (Nuku'alofa, Vava'u) Cook Islands (Rarotonga), Raiatea, Papeete, Moorea, Bora Bora, American Samoa (Pago Pago), Samoa (Apia), Fiji, ( Savu Savu, Levuka, Suva, Dravuni Island).

Wow, 28 days!!

I have read some great reveiws re shore excursions at some of these places, but would love to hear any other suggestions, can't seem to find many reveiws re Samoa and Tonga. We have an overnight/extended stay in Papeete and Raiatea.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated!!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone!! Would love to do Bruno's or Marcs tour, do they leave from Raiatea??

Cheryl

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, that sounds amazing. I would love to see Samoa, as well as Fiji.

All I can tell you about is Raiatea, Papeete, Bora Bora and Moorea.

Do P&O offer a list of excursions? The excursions tend to be pretty standard, that is, the ones offered by ships are often the same as ones that you get pick up at the dock.

It depends on your arrival and departure time on each island, of course. And whether you like the water or not, and are attracted to history, cultural anthropology, nature, animals, etc.

My favourite on Raiatea is the dual 4x4/outrigger canoe tour--you get to see lots of the island, and hear about it, and see a major archaeological site as well.

On Bora Bora, except for a great 4x4 trip around the island, it's all about the lagoon--the shark and ray feeding has been mine favourite, although I think there may be changes to these, with conservation in mind.

On Moorea, get out and see the island, one way or another, by boat or bus, it is stunningly beautiful. You can do this by taking a bus tour, or doing the dolphin watch (Dr. Poole's trip), or by doing a lagoon snorkelling trip. Try to get to the top of the Belvedere (lookout) on Moorea, the view is breathtaking.

Thankyou both so much for your reply!

All of our days are about 8am-4pm, and Raiatea till 12am and Papeete till 6am the next morning.

We love the water and hope to do lots of snorkelling!

Thanks for the suggestions on Moorea, we were planning on maybe hiring a car there, is this possible?

P & O will offer shore excursions, but we won't get them till we get our tickets, they will probably be the same as Princess Cruises, i usually like to do my own thing, hence getting on these forums and asking questions!!.

Thank you for the websites for Bruno and Marc, i will reread a few threads here and contact them.

Regards

Cheryl

Archived