"A La Carte" Pricing in Restaurants

emirelli

Does "Ala Carte" Pricing mean a cover charge AND a charge per item?

I was just looking at some of the restaurant information and this is a little confusing.

Also, what is your favorite time to eat for a standing large group reservation? Is 6 too early for when we are in port? Or do later time conflict with shows and things?

No, the a la carte price is the price; it's not an additional charge.

6 sounds good. Maybe 5:30 or 5:45 is better. That way, you're probably good for the 7:30 show.

Now I am confused!! So, you pay the cover charge and then pay for your item as well?

just 1 price...for the normal menu items..it's the marked surcharge (different for different restaurants)...for special items there is an "ala carte" charge...

in cagney's, the filet was $20

the lobster was $25 (not the $20 plus $25)

that covers all the salads, soups, apps and desserts you want.

some times you can get 1/2 off the regular menu items (not the ala carte items) if you go before 6pm. need to check with the dailies for the cruise you are on.

FYI: Teppanyaki is no longer a la carte, you pay the cover which I want to say is $20 and the $10 dollar all you can eat sushi is no longer :(

No more all-you-can-eat sushi? If this is true it's a very disappionting development. Is this a result of the new menu changes being implemented?

I am sure this is on the ncl website somewhere, but anyone have a list of the resteraunts and the additional charge or are they all $20 each?

Here's what it was on my last Dawn cruise in July:

Bamboo - $12.50

Cagney's - $20

Le Bistro - $15

"All you can eat sushi" - $10 (someone indicated that this might have been eliminated)

Teppanyaki - a la carte, with most entrees around $15

La Trattoria and Salsa - included

You could also order a Surf & Turf or a 24-oz Porterhouse in Cagney's for extra - I think it was either $25 or $30 (total, not on top of the $20)

Here are the only differences in the prices as of 2 weeks ago (after the menu change):

Sushi ($12.50)

Teppanyaki ($20)

No more all you can eat sushi for $10 and no more a la carte pricing at Teppanyaki. And I think johnql is right on about the surf & turf at Cagney's.

OH HE%$ NOOO !!! I am getting all you can eat Sushi or someone is going to be in trouble. That was going to be one of my favorite things to look forward to... the 3 S's ... Sun, Sleep and Sushi... ok make that the 4 S's... :D

Wally

FYI: Teppanyaki is no longer a la carte, you pay the cover which I want to say is $20 and the $10 dollar all you can eat sushi is no longer :(

USC Fan,

I want to make sure I understand your comment, can I get sushi but the price has gone up to $12.50? This is not the all you can eat?

Thanks

Janymac:p

This is something I don't understand - why can't they NCL have one price for all their ships?

On the Jewel last week

Teppanyaki was a la carte range $10 - $15pp

all you can eat sushi was $5.00 pp

Le Bristro was $10.00 pp Surf and Turf $20.00

Cagney's $15.00 pp Surf and Turf $25.00

Also if you go to a speciality restaurant during main lobster night you can ask for it for no additional charge.

USC Fan,

I want to make sure I understand your comment, can I get sushi but the price has gone up to $12.50? This is not the all you can eat?

Thanks

Janymac:p

exactly, for the $12.50 cover, you pick what you want from a menu and miso soup and dessert is included.

Here are the only differences in the prices as of 2 weeks ago (after the menu change):

Sushi ($12.50)

Teppanyaki ($20)

No more all you can eat sushi for $10 and no more a la carte pricing at Teppanyaki. And I think johnql is right on about the surf & turf at Cagney's.

Are these menu and price changes consistent throughout the entire fleet of NCL ships or is it limited to the ship you recently sailed? How many sushi rolls are typically included with this $12.50 cover charge? NCL should know better than to come between a guest and thier sushi.

As Hobbins asked' date=' can you get "seconds." Do I understand this right, Cagneys, I pay a flat $20. pp for a dinner? Or Chin Chin JUST the cover $15. pp for the entire meal?[/quote']As Toyz711 mentioned, there are no seconds on entrees. And yes, you pay just the $20pp for Cagney's or the cover charge for any of the specialty restaurants and you can order an appetizer, salad/soup, entree, and dessert.

Are these menu and price changes consistent throughout the entire fleet of NCL ships or is it limited to the ship you recently sailed? How many sushi rolls are typically included with this $12.50 cover charge? NCL should know better than to come between a guest and thier sushi.
The new menu and prices were introduced on the Dawn the first week on November and it was said that the changes will become consistent throughout the fleet. Now the question is when. I am trying to rack my brain and remember how many you got to pick from the menu and I'm drawing a blank. I do remember that they have shrimp tempura and they didn't offer that under the all-u-can eat!

Now I am confused!! So, you pay the cover charge and then pay for your item as well?
nope: a fee of the restaurants offer al la carte, actually it is more like a regular restaurant with a few things to choose from with the prices listed. There isn't a service charge on top: example: The habachi table: there will be about 4 or 5 different combinations starting at about $12.50, up to maybe $18.00. You will pay that price, just like if you were at a restaurant on land. another example: Le Bistro and Cagney's or whatever the steak house will have a flat price of about $15 to $20. You can choose to have the a deluxe meal, maybe Steak and Lobster or a 24 oz steak by paying $5.00 more. This isn't $15 plus $20, but simply $20 instead of $15. Hope this helps you.

NIta

This is something I don't understand - why can't they NCL have one price for all their ships?

On the Jewel last week

Teppanyaki was a la carte range $10 - $15pp

all you can eat sushi was $5.00 pp

Le Bristro was $10.00 pp Surf and Turf $20.00

Cagney's $15.00 pp Surf and Turf $25.00

Also if you go to a speciality restaurant during main lobster night you can ask for it for no additional charge.

One reason: with the exception of Le Bistro not all ships have the same restaurants. NMNita

Archived