Anyone make new friends that you are still in touch with?

crazycruzer68

I always cruise with a CC group... so there are always people I meet on here then meet on the ship, and have MANY that I stay in touch with, get together with throughout the year several times... and are some of my very best friends... in addition, I always meet several on the ship not in the group, that I stay in touch with.

Absolutely!

But they're all crew members!

This doesn't pose a problem when you live close to the ship's home port

and know where virtually all the crew members go to relax, call home,

and surf the internet during turnover.

I can drop by there on any given Saturday morning and be assured of

catching up with at least one or two people I met on the ship.

G

Absolutely!

But they're all crew members!

This doesn't pose a problem when you live close to the ship's home port

and know where virtually all the crew members go to relax, call home,

and surf the internet during turnover.

I can drop by there on any given Saturday morning and be assured of

catching up with at least one or two people I met on the ship.

G

Glory, in some places that's called stalking :p LMAO!! J/K :D

Never been on a Carnival "group cruise" (which I almost did . . . unfortuantely, I missed the Castaway Cruise that I had signed up for). It seems lots of those on the group cruises have been really good friends for years and go on lots of cruises and get other get togethers.

I still keep in touch with quite a few friends that I've met on my cruises . . . mostly through emails and Christmas cards. However, on a Celebrity cruise I took out of Baltimore several years ago . . . I met so many people that actually lived nearby (I live in Northern Virginia). We still meet each other for Christmas parties, weddings (two so far) and several showers (both wedding and baby). I've been to Cookie Exchanges and Martini parties and everything in between. My son even dated the daughter of one of the couples I met on that cruise. One of the couples I met on my Celebrity cruise own a local skating rink . . . I've been skating for free ever since . . . :p

I think meeting people one would probably never meet is one of the joys of cruising.

still keep in touch with quite a few from over the years.......But, we are about to take our 5th cruise with our best buddies that we met on the Triumph in 2004. They live in Jacksonville and we live in Ohio. We call and e-mail frequently and have even shared Thanksgiving with them.:D

I actually met someone through a Cruise Critic post in 2001 and met them on our 21 day panama Canal Cruise in 2002. We still email and phone each other regularly. We live in Alberta Canada and they live in Texas. They are really terrific people. Sure glad I found Cruise Critic before we sailed.

Glory, in some places that's called stalking :p LMAO!! J/K :D

It might be, if you weren't welcomed, but that has not been the case.

Quite the contrary, I've been greeted with surprise and pleasure...even delight.

In fact I have a lunch date scheduled for next Saturday with my favorite crew member. I will enjoy it. I expect she will as well. :)

It was SO cool the first time I caught up with her at this place after the cruise. The look on her face as she rapidly went through a

series of thoughts...."Who's that calling my name? Who's this guy? Do I know him? Hey...he looks sort of familiar....oh wow, he's

a former passenger! I remember! From June! He was really nice to me! But what's he doing here?"

Yeah, seeing all that cross her face in about two seconds flat was one of those moments I wish I'd caught on video tape. It was

pretty amazing to see it.

G

We have met pax and Crew taht we have kept in touch with. While we were on our honeymoon cruise may 06, we met another couple from Okla City Okla that had been married the same day we had, and were on their honeymoon...since we live in Ft Worth, its not a far drive. We talk all the time (Email,phone, or here) and see eachother every few months. I DO owe them a trip to OCK!

"The fun never stops at least as long as I'm buying" were the words to a popular song in the 1980's... can not remember which...

No way, my "friends" I meet on these ships are fair weathered. I go in, buy everyone in the room a round of drinks (ouch, that is expensive!) and everyone loves me for a week. I get home, get the bill, and I am one lonely and in debt ex-cruiser.

For one week I am the celebrity. My guests from the free drink event talk to me on the elevators, in the halls, by the pool, etc. But I get home, and no one is around to cheer me up.

So no. But thanks for asking. :)

still keep in touch with quite a few from over the years.......But, we are about to take our 5th cruise with our best buddies that we met on the Triumph in 2004. They live in Jacksonville and we live in Ohio. We call and e-mail frequently and have even shared Thanksgiving with them.:D

Sis and I metr DB and their buddies in March. Was nice to hear from him a few weeks ago. Enjoy your cruise. Let me know how it goes.

I met a lady from Ohio who lives about a hour from me on a CC roll call in 04. We email each other and when the opportunity arrises we meet for dinner.

The first cruise I went on after finding CC, the Elation in 2004, we met 2 couples I still talk to all the time. I've cruised with one of them since, and working on the other one for next October. ;) Met a few more through another roll call on a cruise later that year, and consider them some of my best friends.

I still keep in contact with 2 crew members from a Princess cruise in 2004, but one of them is still working on a ship, so I don't hear from him too often.

And of course there's now all my S&S frineds. I try to meet up with them whenever I can, cruise ship or not!

CC has definitely made my cruising experiences a whole lot better!

And of course there's now all my S&S frineds. I try to meet up with them whenever I can, cruise ship or not!

quote]

Hey friend, you want to meet somewhere like, say. New Orleans in January? We can party on Bourbon and maybe do a cruise or sumpin'.:D

On a cruise that hubby took when he was single (age 23) with 5 of his friends, their tablemates were 2 older (58) widow ladies from Maryland who were sisters. After joking about how Carnival "messed up" with the demographics on that table, the older ladies became their "cruise moms" for the week. The ladies would tell them which young ladies impressed them and which ones did not, etc. It was a hoot.

Anyway, they kept in touch with Christmas cards for years and when hubby and I got married and had our son, they knitted an entire outfit, cape, blanket, booties, cap the works and sent it to us. It was beautiful. A couple of years later, we were up in Maryland on vacation and called them on a whim. We went by and visited with them one afternoon. They have since passed away...but we stayed in touch until their death. Even 15 years later, I have their gift properly preserved...just like I would do with any heirloom quality gift from a family member.

It might be, if you weren't welcomed, but that has not been the case.

Quite the contrary, I've been greeted with surprise and pleasure...even delight.

In fact I have a lunch date scheduled for next Saturday with my favorite crew member. I will enjoy it. I expect she will as well. :)

It was SO cool the first time I caught up with her at this place after the cruise. The look on her face as she rapidly went through a

series of thoughts...."Who's that calling my name? Who's this guy? Do I know him? Hey...he looks sort of familiar....oh wow, he's

a former passenger! I remember! From June! He was really nice to me! But what's he doing here?"

Yeah, seeing all that cross her face in about two seconds flat was one of those moments I wish I'd caught on video tape. It was

pretty amazing to see it.

G

Priceless !

Yeah, seeing all that cross her face in about two seconds flat was one of those moments I wish I'd caught on video tape. It was pretty amazing to see it.

...yeah, it would come in handy in court during your stalking case, but most stalkers that are reasonable can stay friends for a while, the victim will even give in and play along for several months, classic, just classic...;)

My DD made several friends on our first cruise, and still keeps in touch with three or four of them. We became good friends with the parents of one of the boys and have visited a couple times since (they live seven hours away). The last time we visited my DD went to the prom with a friend of the other couple's DS! (they had met on-line). As the adults had dinner that night the cruising dad said he hoped our kids would have a real relationship someday because he (the dad) really liked spending time with us. They are about to move 10 hours further away, so the visits will be more difficult, but they will be in a cruiseport town, so there's hope!

I have a crew member that calls me every so often when the Rhapsody stops in Key West. I also met a nice couple (our dinnermates) from the same cruise and we still exchange emails, sadly the husband is dying of cancer :( Lastly again from the same cruise I met some people that I ended up spending New Years with last year. It was a great trip, especially since I was traveling alone w/ the kids. Always nice to meet friendly people!!

I met some great friends on our Miracle Roll Call. We had a blast during our cruise, and we have stayed in touch since. Some of them get together for lunch or dinner occasionally, but unfortunately I live WAY too far away. :( I'm on the West coast and they're all kinda back East.

Archived