Does your travel agent do this?

swimsimcoe

I e-mailed my TA about this. She said that she does not check the prices, but if I let her know about a price drop, she'll follow up on it for me. I'm booked on Carnival and she said that before final payment a price drop is no problem. After final payment Carnival gives her a hard time about it, but she'll go to bat for me if the situation arises.

Our TA is worth her weight in gold. Not only does she alert and pass on reductions, but calls every once in awhile to make sure all is well and that we don't have any questions. Plus there's always something nice waiting for us in our cabin. Life is too short to be stuck with a bad TA.

Charlie

you cannot always rely on your ta to monitor your cruise prices on a daily basis --after all you are not the only client == if they monitored everyones cruise prices they wouldnt have time to deal with new business---the final responsibility of monitoring prices is yours and if you find one you should advise your ta and not rely on them finding it for you

As a TA, yes, I try to but I know there are times when I don't catch the reduction in price. Actually, recently, after final payment and commission was paid a price droped $400 for the couple. I didn't catch it, but my boss did. We gladly reduced the price for my clients and took out commission loss. I have to admit, it hurt a little. LOL

Archived