Noise in adjoining cabins?

vmom

I'm thinking of booking a cabin which has an adjoining cabin. I was concerned that there would be more noise from the other cabin due to the door between the rooms as compared to a non-adjoining cabin. We would only have one cabin. Don't know who is booked in the other.

Any experiences with noise from adjoining cabins with shared doors?

Thanks!

I'm thinking of booking a cabin which has an adjoining cabin. I was concerned that there would be more noise from the other cabin due to the door between the rooms as compared to a non-adjoining cabin. We would only have one cabin. Don't know who is booked in the other.

Any experiences with noise from adjoining cabins with shared doors?

Thanks!

I had the same concern last year on the Jewel. It was absolutely a non-factor. I think adjoining cabin or not it all depends on the luck of the draw as to how quiet or noisy the people are next door.

We had a connecting cabin on the Freedom. Our next-door neighbor kept the TV on all the time (except very late night). Although it was not loud enough to disturb us, it was a presence. Also, my complaint was that we only had a chair, instead of the small couch, because of the door. It meant less seating for us. I had the chance to book a connecting cabin on our Med and I opted against doing it, after the Freedom experience. YMMV ...

I have had adjoining cabins 3 times... twice on Freedom and once on Mariner and heard absolutely no noise. My adjoining cabins on Freedom the first time was a balcony..heard nothing and the second time it was in a promenade.. with same results...

Like Lorna said though the adjoining balcony on Freedom we only had a chair instead of the couch.

Good morning Lorna :)

If you have any other choices, book a non-connecting cabin. We've had them a couple of times and the noise wasn't too much of an issue, but we would have preferred not having the door there. We did roll up a towel and place it at the bottom of the door when our neighbor watched TV late at night.

We could hear them talking, but only murmured voices, not their conversation. Just remember, they can hear you, too :)

I reserved adjoining rooms for my DH & I and next door for DD, SIL & GD, can somebody please tell me if the door between the rooms is a really heavy door like the door to the cabin or is it more of a normal weight.

My GD will be 3-1/2 at the time we sail and i'm wondering if she'll be able to open it by herself. Thanks in advance

I reserved adjoining rooms for my DH & I and next door for DD, SIL & GD, can somebody please tell me if the door between the rooms is a really heavy door like the door to the cabin or is it more of a normal weight.

My GD will be 3-1/2 at the time we sail and i'm wondering if she'll be able to open it by herself. Thanks in advance

There are actually TWO doors (not one) and they're similar to the main doors. GD should actually have no problem opening one or both doors although you can make it easier for her if you don't actually latch one or both door(s). Was your question because you want her to be able to open it or you DON'T want her to open it?

There are actually TWO doors (not one) and they're similar to the main doors. GD should actually have no problem opening one or both doors although you can make it easier for her if you don't actually latch one or both door(s). Was your question because you want her to be able to open it or you DON'T want her to open it?

Honestly not sure if we want her to be able to or not, i'm thinking of bringing a bungee cord with us to keep the doors open should her mum and dad want to go out and about and we'll stay behind to babysit, i just know that the cabin doors are really heavy and i wouldn't want her jamming her fingers in one of those type doors, or any type for that matter. I'm just the curious type and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks for your reply.

We have a room booked on the 8th deck Promanade, but would prefer a room on the 7th deck, because of a better view of the promanade. A deck 7 cabin opened up and I was debating on switching, but was not sure if I want an adjoining room. I've had difficulty with hotel rooms being able to hear muffled conversation in the next room, the last time with a baby crying.

Thanks for all your responses.

Honestly not sure if we want her to be able to or not, i'm thinking of bringing a bungee cord with us to keep the doors open should her mum and dad want to go out and about and we'll stay behind to babysit, i just know that the cabin doors are really heavy and i wouldn't want her jamming her fingers in one of those type doors, or any type for that matter. I'm just the curious type and wanted to know what to expect. Thanks for your reply.
At least on Radiance-class, the doors are not spring-loaded so you don't need bungees to keep them open. Just stick a pillow or sock at the bottom and that will keep each door open. With our kids in the adjoining unit, we would keep their door always open and then closed/locked our door as needed when we needed/wanted privacy.

Now you have us worried as we have adjoining cabins on the Serenade of the Seas and we wanted the sofa not a chair.Anyone had adjoining rooms on Serenade of the Seas .How can we find out for sure?
I'm not clear what the chair/sofa issue is about. On the Radiance, our adjoining balcony rooms each had the usual sofa along the way right between the bed and bathroom. It faced the desk, mirror and TV. The door to the adjoining room is along the common wall in the corner--near the balcony door. In a non-adjoining room, since there's no room for anything there anyhow, I can't see there being a chair much less a sofa there normally.

We were on EOS last fall ('05), and were in a room that had an adjoining door to the next room. I don't know about the "2 door thing", but if that is true, the people in the adjoining room could open their door because they kept jiggling our door handle several times a day for the first couple of days of the cruise. It was pretty annoying. They finally quit after my 40 year old niece saw a young man (probably early 20's) coming out of their cabin and asked why they kept jiggling the handle. Guess they realized we were 4 older women (40, 50's, & 60's) and left us alone.:D

I have had adjoining cabins 3 times... twice on Freedom and once on Mariner and heard absolutely no noise. My adjoining cabins on Freedom the first time was a balcony..heard nothing and the second time it was in a promenade.. with same results...

Like Lorna said though the adjoining balcony on Freedom we only had a chair instead of the couch.

Good morning Lorna :)

Hi Emmy! :)

On the Freedom, there is a chair, just past the bathroom, and then the door, and then the bed and then the balcony. The M&Ms, down the hall, had the same cabin but not a connecting cabin. They had a couch, instead of the chair ... and another painting of a rose. It was an E1, FYI.

It sounds like configuration of the room on the Radiance was different. I've been on the Radiance, but never had a connector. Again, if I didn't need the connecting cabin, and had another choice, I'd stay away from the connector. JMHO! ~ LL

Archived