Portofino,Italy & Cannes, France

Please tell me if anyone has been to these ports and what we should do. We are going to be in Cannes during the film festival. Would love to see a "star" or two...Going on the Windsurf

We were in Cannes during the film festival a few years ago and it was so much fun just to walk around town and check out the shops and restaurants and people watch. We never saw any celebrities, but it was obvious that they were there from all the yachts in the harbor and the red carpets coming out of the theaters. Cannes is just a fun city to explore on your own. There are also wonderful places nearby such as the medieval villages of Eze and St. Paul de Vence. Haven't been to Portofino yet, we'll be there on our July Med cruise so I am curous about what to do there myself.

Sue

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kootz:
Please tell me if anyone has been to these ports and what we should do. We are going to be in Cannes during the film festival. Would love to see a "star" or two...Going on the Windsurf<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have been in Portofino,and did all my sightseeing on my own.After walking around the little village I took the local ferry to Santa Margarita to have luncheon,go to the street market,and then took ferry back to Portofino.If you are going to spend th day there it is really relaxing,scenic,and by using th local ferry a great way to get around.If for some reason it is really windy and they change the times they will let you know and there is always the bus.I am sure there are tours you could do,but I liked just making it a casual relaxing day.
As for Cannes..as the other poster said there is a lot to see and you can walk around a lot. There is the train or local bus you can get to go into Nice,from there you could go to St.Paul de Vence,Monto Carlo depending on how much time you have and how much you want to see. I would imagine the traffic will be a nightmare so that is why I mention the train.These are both good ports to have fun in.Enjoy your cruise.

Karen
Ü

Archived