Lifestyle Portraits

judie43

We just returned from a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. They had a new way of doing photos...called Lifestyle portraits. Something different. Poses on white background...very casual...sitting on the floor and such. How many pictures can you have standing on the stairs in your formal attire?. We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam on 3/17. Does anyone know the ships photographers do this type of portrait?

Thanks

On the 10/14 Volendam sailing we had the "lifestyles" portraits available too. They turned out to be great, and now are some of my favorite portraits from the trip (..."how many formal portraits can you have?")

Also, is anyone else like me, and would LOVE to have those pictures available as e-pictures, either on a disc or sent to my home email address? 8 x 10's of yourself are SO last century, LOL.:)

We just returned from a cruise on the Explorer of the Seas. They had a new way of doing photos...called Lifestyle portraits. Something different. Poses on white background...very casual...sitting on the floor and such. How many pictures can you have standing on the stairs in your formal attire?. We will be sailing on the Zuiderdam on 3/17. Does anyone know the ships photographers do this type of portrait?

Thanks

HAL has always done those types of portraits ... usually on a casual night. I saw them being done on my recent Amsterdam cruise last month, and also as far back as 2004 on my Zuiderdam cruise when the photographer was photographing three kids (I assume they were sisters) as they jumped up and down with the white background behind them. You could also pose with a couple of large balls and other props.

The photos did look like fun.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We had a couple of these taken on the Zuiderdam in September just for laughs. We didn't end up buying those (went for the formal portraits instead), but we were getting our pictures taken just as the early seating of the dining room came out and walked right by us, laying in our formal clothes with our feet in the air on this white backdrop!

They did ours on the informal night, I believe.

Ship's photographers will take your picture in pretty much any public location you'd like, and will schedule special photo sessions to meet your needs - just ask.

(Expect folks will start bringing their Holiday sweaters and Santa hats onboard in July for next years' Christmas photos...)

Archived