Sky Suite or Royal?

sheilb4

I would like to know your opinions on this. I am planning on going on the Millenium, and wondered what you would advise for the cabin choice.

My main concern is balcony size and hopefully uncovered enough to get the sun and lie out there....

I know I would get Butler service for both classes, and the price diff of course. but if you had a choice and needed the larger open balcony which would you select? thanks.

If what you are REALLY interested in is the balcony rather than the butler service, try to get one of the aft CC balconies on deck 7 or 8. No butler service, but the balconies are larger than the balconies on the Royal Suites. The aft CC balconies on deck 9 are also huge, but totally covered and the sun is hard to come by.

The largest Sky Suite balconies are 6145 and 6146 (next to the Penthouses). The decor is much nicer than the usual Sky Suites too. And the bathrooms are bigger than my bathroom at home [loved, loved, loved that bathroom--3 times the size of the bathroom in the Royal Suite on Mercury]. The Royal Suite would still have the larger balcony, though.

Good luck and enjoy!

Linda

We just had a Royal Suite on Infinity in September. Frankly there is no comparison. For the additional fare, you get a separate bedroom with a lovely vanity right by the sliding glass door to the veranda, a generous dining area and living room. Not to mention a large bathroom with two sinks, a large jazuzzi tub and separate shower. The veranda is 195 square feet and is in our opinion very large, with a two person hot tub.

Again, no comparision.

We had the pleasure of staying in a Royal suite on the Millenium. The room is fantastic. There is a living room with flat screen (large), dining area and the bedroom also has a flat screen and comfy. The butler service was truly exceptional too. My son loved the huge door with the door bell, too.

That said, you should be aware that while the royal suites have large balconies they also have little privacy. The whirlpool tub on the balcony is covered, but the balcony juts out from the deck above. THe people in the balconies above have a prized view of your balcony. It was a little embarrassing having our breakfast served on the balcony by the butler while the people above sat and enjoyed their morning. We laughed about it but they could see and hear everything. Other than that the royal suites are amazing.

Archived