In the good old days

Shogun

So what do you attribute the degrading of behavior to?

IMHO amateure drinking, lowered inhibitions due to a different enviroment, and frankly the high level of service on a ship. Somehow folks misintepret that service as being permission to be as they want to be. I think this is also what has lead to the poor treatment of crew members.

Hi Folks,

I think I touched a sensitive spot with this chat or is it that others are but in public,

anyway

with you guys all telling me about the lowering of standards, mass marketing of cruises etc are you telling me that I should avoid cruising out of US ports,

should I be looking for cruises in the med, the Baltic or Austraila

its just I will be crossing the pond in a few weeks and I quite like you lot even if you are not all perfect.

yours Shogun

Hi Shogun- You got some interesting discussions going here! Thanks.

Just an opinion, but we think Princess offers a fairly high-standard cruise- so hope the Sun and Emerald meet your expectations and that the folks here on this side of the pond are fun cruise mates. Look forward to your review of the Sun.

Hi April,

Thanks will try and keep the chat going, I think we as people have lost the ability to talk, we complain, we build walls, we go to war. But after the wars are over we need to talk.

This will be my first real trip to the US OK I am only staying two nights in one little part of a fast country, but I hope I get the chance to meet some real people.

I like to cruise Princess because it has more folks on there ships from the US than say P & O would does, not that I agree with all that I hear, sometimes I just do not understand the way they think eg a couple of years ago I was sitting drinking with a bloke from the US when a news report came on about a school shooting, he got quite up set about it, he then said that the teachers should be armed and he ment it. Now I have worked at the school in Dunblane Scotland, and I saw all the emergency vans, motor bikes etc that day ten years ago and the calls for blood to help the injured so I am happy to live in a country with the toughest gun laws in the world soon we should see air guns and the like banned then we can look at the toy gun market.

I think the US would be a better and safer place if they did the same but I do not think it will ever happen.

I do not accept the call saying we have gone to far to turn back the clock to the good old days, if the people really want change then anything is possible, I think we get the world that we make, if you do not standard up and be counted then goverments and big business will do what is best for themselves today and not what is right for us for tomorrow.

What ever happens when I get to the US it will be warmer than what it is here just now,

yours Shogun

Hi folks,

Whats gone wrong a couple of days have pasted without any back stabbing, moaning and complaining about our fellow cruisers, do not tell me that love and peace have broken out, that would not be fun.

yours Shogun

Interesting comments, Shogun. 10 years ago, I couldn't ever have imagined myself on a cruise. I saw it as exceedingly expensive, boring, and most likely pretentious with the dress codes and such.

What I found, on Princess, was a relaxed yet classy atmosphere. We've met people from all walks of life, from plumbers to wealthy retirees, and enjoyed the company of them all. The only pretentiousness I have observed seems to come from a few who go on and on about how many cruises they can string together or how many days they've been at sea.

We could probably afford to sail on more expensive and highly rated lines, but why bother? We've tried that high-end stuff and it's not for us. None of our friends or relatives will be impressed by that, and we don't enjoy the atmosphere where people consider themselves to be among the privileged. So, Princess gives us what we like.

Right On!

Archived