Last minute Amsterdam Questions

SeaCruiser_1

My group is looking forward to our upcoming Amsterdam cruise. I have a few last minute details I would like to confirm. Group members range from cabins MM to Suites.

1. Are there Hair Dryers in all cabins?

2. Bathrobes?

3. Lock drawers or safes?

4. I know there are laundries but are there ironing boards available?

I just want to make sure I am passing on current information!

Thank you all!

:) Amsterdam

There are safes in all cabins.

Can't answer about the hair dryers or bath robes as we always in a suite and they have them.

The signature of excellence hasn't been completed in all cabins - new mattresses, pillows, duvets, and bathrobes for all cabins.

In the self serve laundries there is an iron and ironing board.

:)

I believe ALL ships now have the bathrobes in every cabin.

So far only Suites have the new mattresses, but as they are being installed on all the ships in the next 2 years, you may get lucky and have one in a cabin other than a Suite.

Yes every cabin has always had a hair dryer. Some people don't like them but with my short hair, they are fine. I don't think the new ones have been installed yet, except maybe on the Westerdam which is the newest HAL ship.

All ships have safes, except the Noordam, which has locked drawers in the night tables.

Self-service laundry room all have irons and ironing boards. Amsterdam will have them. Check out the deck plans to see where they are located.

We were on the Amsterdam a few weeks ago in category K cabin, and a few of the Signature of Excellence upgrades had been implemented, but not all. We did have bathrobes, a nice massage showerhead, and the lighted makeup mirror. There was a hairdryer, but if it was the "upgraded" one, I hate to think of what was there before! I was thankful I'd brought my own, as the one provided was good only for clearing the fog from the bathroom mirror. Also, the electrical outlet in the bathroom will not operate a hair dryer. You'll need to either stand at the desk, or pack a long extension cord. There is a safe in the closet, and there are two irons/ironing boards available in the self-serve laundry. Have a great cruise!

Also, the electrical outlet in the bathroom will not operate a hair dryer. You'll need to either stand at the desk, or pack a long extension cord. There is a safe in the closet, and there are two irons/ironing boards available in the self-serve laundry. Have a great cruise!

Standing at the desk would work, if there was a mirror there.

I am wondering if I s/b packing a long ext.cord now. Hmm, thx for any info. jenagal

The Amsterdam is my favorite ship. You certainly will enjoy her.

The laundry facilities do have not only washers and dryers, which I love on these ships, but also the ironing board and iron.

I was on the Rotterdam this past March and had an inside cabin, category K, we had bathrobes and hairdryers. Lots of people don't care for the hairdryers, but I have short hair and they worked fine for me. If anyone has long, thick hair, they may want to bring their own.

Also, there is only one electrical outlet in the cabins, if you or anyone else sailing with you feels they need more, you may want to suggest they bring a power strip with them.

Other than that, go and enjoy your cruise and the beautiful Amsterdam.

Also, the electrical outlet in the bathroom will not operate a hair dryer. You'll need to either stand at the desk, or pack a long extension cord. There is a safe in the closet, and there are two irons/ironing boards available in the self-serve laundry. Have a great cruise!

Standing at the desk would work, if there was a mirror there.

I am wondering if I s/b packing a long ext.cord now. Hmm, thx for any info. jenagal

You don't have to stand at the desk - there is chair there and the whole wall above the desk is mirrored & now there is a magnifying mirror attached to the desk, that shows every wrinkle you didn't know you had on your face. :D

You don't need a long extention cord, but you may want to take a power bar as Doone suggested. I have never had a problem, but then I use the hair dryer in the bathroom and plug my curling iron in at the desk.

Archived