Public bus choices?

Califonria cruiser

”Where do I go to catch the public bus? Also, where could it take me? We've been to Barbados 3 times (always renting a car) and were thinking of just going to a beach without admission charges or possibly the new Graeme Nature Park if we can get there by bus.”

Jenn, you can catch the public bus at the Fairchild Street station. They’ll tell you at the Gatehouse how to get there….perhaps a 15-20 minute walk.

Our public bus system will take you almost completely around the island for US$.75.

ALL beaches in Barbados are free.

You could take the bus, or shuttle to Graeme Hill Swamp and then shuttle back to Accura/Rockley beach, a nice spot that you’ll enjoy. Catch the bus by walking to the Fairchild St station. About 10-20 minute walk and the guards at the Gatehouse will tell you how to get there. Or catch the shuttle (US$1.00) on Princess Alice Hwy just outside the Gatehouse. This is your best option short of a taxi for US$5-10 each way.

Barbados bus info:

http://www.transportboard.com/

Have a wonderful time on the island! :)

Barbados,

Thanks for the bus info. linK:)

We too are interested in touring the island by bus. We have a list of possible places to stop...but were not sure which ones are worth it. Could you please take a look at the list below and tell me what you think. Also if they are reachable by public bus. We won't have time for all of them so we would like to narrow them down.

1.Harrisons Cave...not sure if this will be open by 4-7-07

2.Welchman Hall Gully

3.Wildlife Reserve

4.Adromeda Gardens

5.Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary

6.Folkstone Marine Park...is there anything to do here if we don't snorkel?

7.Barclays Park

We also want to see the views along the east coast. Would Bathsheba be the best spot to get off for pictures? Anywhere else we should not miss?

Thanks

CaribbeanCrazy

Barbados,

Thanks for the bus info. linK

We too are interested in touring the island by bus. We have a list of possible places to stop...but were not sure which ones are worth it. Could you please take a look at the list below and tell me what you think. Also if they are reachable by public bus. We won't have time for all of them so we would like to narrow them down.

1.Harrisons Cave...not sure if this will be open by 4-7-07

Not sure, either. But if it is, you should go and yes, the bus goes there.

Perhaps one of the other islanders knows

2.Welchman Hall Gully

Yes, the bus goes there, it’s OK, not a must-see

3.Wildlife Reserve

yes, bus goes there and I feel it is a good bet, most enjoy it

4.Adromeda Gardens

Yes, bus goes there and I think it is a good bet, 70% enjoy it

5.Graeme Hall Nature Sanctuary

Yes, bus goes near. Not my choice but its OK

6.Folkstone Marine Park...is there anything to do here if we don't snorkel?

Yes, bus goes there. Not much to do there if you don’t snorkel

7.Barclays Park

Yes, bus goes there. Not much of interest there for most

We also want to see the views along the east coast. Would Bathsheba be the best spot to get off for pictures? Anywhere else we should not miss?

NOW you’re talking! Take the 12A or 11 bus out of Fairchild St. Station for US$.75. Stop at Graeme Hall Swamp, the Crane, St. John’s Church, Andromeda Gardens, Bathsheba. If they return to Speightstown, you’ll pass the Wildlife reserve on the way there and Farley Hill is near it, which is OK. Folkestone and all of the West coast beaches will be on your right side on the way down the coast. Remember that the busses are listed as arriving and departing every ½ hour but sometimes it is less and sometimes its more. We haven’t been able to achieve the Aruba timetable, yet!

Have a great time, you’ll love the bus! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Archived