Just bought a new gown and need your help please

Jarronwood

Hi

I too have just bought a new gown for my trip on Celebrity Summit 14 night cruise from Miami to LA via the Panama Canal.

To describe my dress - its a burgundy organza ball gown. It has an A Line skirt with has a few layers of chiffon/organza, all very floaty but not overly big. The drop of the skirt is quite small compared to some A line dresses which are very ballooney/blousey. The bodice is a whaleboned corset type of bodice with a lace up back in the organza material. The bodice is very whaleboned and no support is necessary.

I was unsure whether it would be too formal for my cruise and posted a thread on the X forum, everyone saying it would be absolutely fine and you can never be too formal. One of the reasons we choose X was for the formality of formal evenings. Unfortunately I cannot post a picture since its staying in the shop until end of January when I shall go for a fitting to have it taken up a bit and adjustments made since I am on a diet and intend to loose a few pounds. Also I need to bring my shoes/sandals so that Caroline can get the right length.

Your opinions would also be very appreciated on whether you think it is too OTT and I would also like your advice on what shoes and accessories to wear.

Here is a link to a pair of shoes I bought off e bay in the summer

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=190024978075

Since the dress is burgundy I thought silver strappy sandals would be ideal but your views would be great.

Now onto the other bits, what sort of necklace would you wear. Caroline who is the lady in the dress shop (she is a dress designer and makes bespoke wedding dresses) suggested a diamond necklace but I am not sure whether to wear a choker or a drop one. When I say diamond I am thinking along the lines of imitation paste ones.

For me personally, I do not like to be too sparkly with jewels. Very simple, elegant and nothing to detract from the dress. The dress I think is so very beautiful but its understated, if thats the right word. There are no other bits and bobs on the dress apart from a rose(s) on the skirt where the first layer of chiffon has been ruched up to join it. I don't want a big glitzy necklace which draws your immediate eye.

So you fashion gurus, please advise from a very grateful English Rose. (LOL, I wish). :)

Your gown sounds absolutely beautiful and no, I don't think it will be too formal at all.

If you aren't fond of necklaces, don't wear one :) Have your hair done up and wear a wonderful pair of drop earrings and a bracelet, that's all you really need.

Your shoes look perfect, you will look absolutely stunning!

I agree with the people on the X board, it's not too formal. It sounds perfect.

It's hard to say without seeing the dress, but it sounds like black jet jewelry and black sandals might be a good look with the burgundy. Though silver or pewter would also work.

If you don't like necklaces, don't wear one. If it were me, I might opt for a choker style necklace made from black jet stones.

If the gown is a very dark burgundy, don't go too light in color with the silver shoes, IMHO.

Have a great cruise.

Archived