How do you pass the time?

readytolose

I'm going crazy waiting for my cruise! We originally were booked on the March 31, 2007 cruise but because of some family issues that came up we had to change our wedding to next November thus making the cruise not until Nov 24, 2007. I wasn't sure how I was going to survive waiting until the end of March for the cruise now I have to wait another year. (yes, I am more excited for the cruise than the wedding;))

Help!! How do I make the time go faster. I keep coming on this site and looking at all the pictures and reading as much information as I can, but that just makes it worse. I just can't wait to get on the ship!

Well you can see there's a roll call for your cruise, if not you could start one. You can get to know the people on your cruise before you cruise. You could rack up a 1000 plus posts like I've done to keep you busy. You could see what excursions will be available, for when you go. Do a webshots search for your ship. Lots of things.

readytolose,

I can relate to how you feel, waiting for your first cruise, that is. My sisters and I are going to Alaska on the NCL Star in August of 2007. I have been d

riving them crazy. Because of my anxiousness, airfare is booked, and shore excursions are booked. I have made lists for packing, etc for them and have become a real addict to these boards and the whole business of cruising. I even told my DH to start saving his money and we can go south in 2008. Sometimes I get so exicited that I just don't know how to wait. Hang in there, the time will fly.

I hate to hear about someone wishing away a whole year of their life waiting for a cruise, or for anything else. Enjoy all of what we call the "life is good" moments this next year will offer.

I think obsessing about the cruise will make the time seem to go slower. Put it aside and enjoy your life.

I started a day count in July - am now down to 49 days. I made a spread sheet for my wardrobe and have changed it almost daily. When I read hints of things to bring add them to the spreadsheet. I haunt these boards and every day I seem to gleen a bit more information. Have also made friends on CC who are going on the same cruise. Even met one of them yesterday for drinks. Suddenly it seems that when you aren't watching the days catch up to you

Happy sailing!

airfare is booked, and shore excursions are booked. I have made lists for packing, etc for them and have become a real addict to these boards

I'm right there with you Cheryl!!

Andee, I'm not wasting a year of my life - I'm enjoying every minute of this planning and anticipation!!

Cruisinbuddy - I keep waiting for someone to start a roll call for my cruise, but guess I might as well do it and hope someone responds sometime! :D

When you say things like,

"I wasn't sure how I was going to survive waiting until the end of March for the cruise now I have to wait another year." and

"How do I make the time go faster. I keep coming on this site and looking at all the pictures and reading as much information as I can, but that just makes it worse,"

it doesn't sound like you think you will enjoy the next year.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

it doesn't sound like you think you will enjoy the next year.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

We all have lives and will enjoy them until our next cruise, it's just the anticipation & excitement that gets to everyone.

When i don't say "i can hardly wait until my next cruise"

then the thrill will be gone and it will be time for me to stop cruising.

But for now, "i can hardly wait!!"

One thing I do is prepare a series of folders (both in a separate My Cruise folder on my computer and regular manila folders), one for each port (including the departure port) and one more for administrative stuff (itineraries, paperwork from the TA, hardcopy print outs of deck plans, etc.)

Then, knowing that many of the ship shore excursions are really just "samplers" with shopping and overpriced at that, I learn what I can about what we really are interested in at the various ports, then set up plans for each port.

Example. When Princess included St. Croix in a Canal itinerary, I read through the shorex material and found only one little tidbit, a drive by the spot where Chris Columbus reportedly first set foot on the western hemisphere. Otherwise the sightseeing excursions all seemed rather boring, so I checked out the distances to the main commercial centers from the cruise ship dock and found a few "pockedt attractions" like tiny museums that were not in the shorex writeups, and specialty shops that looked like they would be interesting.

We also always look for a local independent book store on the web for each port and contact the owner by email or snailmail to get ideas on special tyhings to do. Why a book store owner? Because by nature they are almost always the most curious and adventuresome types who are not on the government or tourism council payroll so they will give us the real deal, not what they're told to give us.

That also makes for some interesting pen pals.

BTW, about a month out when things are getting closer, I go through both the computer files and the paper files and pick out the "good stuff" (the material that might be useful to have with us when we cruise) and put it all in one notebook.

I'm going crazy waiting for my cruise! We originally were booked on the March 31, 2007 cruise but because of some family issues that came up we had to change our wedding to next November thus making the cruise not until Nov 24, 2007. I wasn't sure how I was going to survive waiting until the end of March for the cruise now I have to wait another year. (yes, I am more excited for the cruise than the wedding;))

Help!! How do I make the time go faster. I keep coming on this site and looking at all the pictures and reading as much information as I can, but t

hat just makes it worse. I just can't wait to get on the ship!

Dear Ready to lose....I could not help noticing your name, and then I got to wondering. I noticed that you were about to get wed, indeed the cruise was your Honeymoon. "Oh", I thought. "What could it be that you could be "CRAZY FOR " , "NOT SURVIVE WAITING UNTILL MARCH " for ,and be more" excited about than the wedding " Why cant you wait to get on the ship ? Try as hard as I can I can think of only one thing !!! :D

I have several books on the Caribbean (Lonely Planet are my fave) as well as the Berlitz Cruise Ship book. I love to have all the information I can get my little paws on. :)

Wow would I ever like to be you. I'm another one who is so excited to cruise new years I can't sleep now. Have you ever cruised carnival? I went on one other cruise it was splendor and l loved it, 10 days for our 10th anniversary.It's been 7 years ago.Was thinking about back to back cruising for our 20th anniversar which it looks like your doing.I'm happy you can cruise so much!

Archived